CIC is rapidly expanding locally, nationally, and internationally and is looking to expand the team to support this growth. If you thrive in fast-paced, energetic, collaborative environments and have a foundation in law or legal support, this may be the position for you!
ABOUT CIC Founded in 1999, CICs mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 2000+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in five additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, Providence, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to - and improving - the way we work.
We invite you to explore all our openings here and learn more about us here.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the point-person for legal and compliance questions within the Company and manage corporate documents from draft to execution
- Internal coordination across teams at CIC, in particular the Finance, Expansion and senior management teams
- External coordination with law firms, accountants and compliance professionals in multiple jurisdictions in the US and abroad
- Maintain and update corporate records (e.g. document database, entity information, signatory powers, intellectual property assets)
- Store and organize executed corporate documents
- Review and prepare documents and agreements to present to management team, including but not limited to: NDAs, intercompany agreements, Board consents, lease documents and partnership agreements
- Assist in the preparation of lease abstracts with Asset Management team
- Incorporate new entities in the US and abroad as CIC expands
- File tax ID documents with advice from tax specialists (e.g. EIN, VAT)
- Process city-level filings as needed (e.g. business license, local taxes)
- Monitor company IP, prepare trademark filings and research considerations in new and existing markets
- Monitor reporting requirements and processing annual reports
- Manage regulatory requirements (e.g. KYC, FATCA, FCPA, data privacy)
- Support visa inquiries for intercompany transfers, research visa requirements in new markets, and coordinate with legal advisors as needed
- Ad hoc projects as needed and as appropriate
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive in a constantly changing, fluid, and fast-paced environment
- Thrive while working independently and across teams in a collaborative environment
- Be highly organized and keen to develop new systems and processes
- Have a sharp eye for detail
- Work closely with CICs senior management team
Have the capacity and desire to develop tools to share knowledge and expertise with the CIC team Be able to confidently make decisions and exercise good judgement while understanding the needs of the company
- Not be afraid to ask for help when needed and proactively seek the information needed to make decisions
REQUIREMENTS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The desired candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of corporate law and compliance best practices
- Experience working as a paralegal or in a legal environment preferred
- Proficiency with applications and software such as Gmail, Gdocs, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- An interest in a long-term role; we are a growing company, and we like to hire people who can grow with us over the years
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
- Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
- Great benefits for full-time employees! (see below)
- Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, shower rooms with towels, stocked kitchens, and a host of discounts towards local business and well-being memberships
Compensation is commensurate with experience (please include salary expectations when you apply). Benefits include 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) and three weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Created and posted 6/21/19. - MH