Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
Job Id : 5514
Jobtitle : Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
Location : Houston, TX
Company Name : 3S Business Corporation Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $41,000 - $93,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-10-15
Required Skills : CI/CD, ITSM, Go-Getter, AJAX, JS, Scripting, Problem Solving Skill, Analytical Skill
Benefits : No benefits are available
Responsible for the administration of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) within Service-Now to ensure integrity of version, function, and performance.
This position must drive continuous improvement through automated discovery and integration using tools such as ServiceNow Discovery, ServiceMapping and SCCM. Must have strong leadership and technology skills.
- Develop, administer and document support of the CMDB. Configure integration points between ServiceNow and other IT management systems. Install, configure and maintain multiple MID Servers.
- Configure Discovery to find Linux and Windows Servers, Network Devices and Applications Extend Discovery with custom Probes and Sensors and Discovery Patterns Prevent Duplicate CIs Create New CI Classes Develop, execute, integrate, and maintain processes for improved data collection, data quality, data completeness and data integration in ServiceNow and related ITSM systems.
- Ensure configuration data is available as needed to support other IT service management processes.
- Navigate the Service Mapping user interface Configure Service Mapping credentials
- Configure Service Mapping to discover and model a business service from a top down approach including all the applications, network devices, and servers that support it
- Configure Service Mapping patterns that allows administrators to model proprietary applications and connections unknown to ServiceNow Service Mapping
- Work with the Identification and Reconciliation application to understand how inserts and updates are performed to configuration items in the CMDB Architect, design, and implement integrated solutions across ServcieNow, SAP, Event Management (OmniBus), Monitoring, DataPower, Identity Management, etc.
- Design, develop, and maintain solutions within the ServiceNow environment to include modifications of applications, forms, workflow, interfaces and other configurations required that support ITIL processes and ensure optimal performance of the ServiceNow system.
- Performs migration of code from development and test systems to production system.
- Create and maintain migration documentation.
- Maintain code control log and validates code migration documentation, in accordance with audit and change control guidelines.
- Provide technical leadership and training, perform peer code reviews and ensure the ServiceNow team follows development best-practices for Configuration Management Responsible for ServiceNow code quality for Configuration Management
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings to identify tasks or user stories that are at risk and provides support as needed
- Work with management and key stakeholders to ensure best practice for design and test strategies for Development, QA and User Acceptance Testing
- Troubleshoot software problems, implement bug fixes and perform root cause analysis on ServiceNow issues
- Collaborate with other System Administrators and ServiceNow support concerning strategies and technical aspects of platform upgrades
- Bachelor s or Advanced Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification ServcieNow Application Developer Certification ITIL Certification ServiceNow Discovery and SerivceMapping Training a plus
- Required 3 years of the following ServiceNow Developer experience, ServiceNow implementations Configuration Management (CMDB) experience - architecture, data models, and skill to consolidate multiple data sources of configuration items,
- General programming experience writing script ServiceNow background script, Ajax JS library, Client Scripts, UI Policies, Business Rules, Advanced Reference Qualifiers, Reporting, Security through Access Control Rules and Workflows
Additional Experience a plus
- Relational databases such as MS SQL Server a plus General programming skills python, J2EE framework, Unix shell, Windows PowerShell, open source library such as AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS, etc ServiceNow Discovery or Mapping tool.
- Developing web based user interfaces. Additional Knowledge, Skills, LicensesCertifications, Abilities Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs)
- Able to write complex query using standard SQL language - SQL programming skills Able to understand software development methodologies (Agile, waterfall, etc)
- Able to configure and program systems and applications using protocols LDAP, HTTPS, SNMP, TCPIP socket, etc.
- Able to do system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture Able to become familiar with Database technologies such as Oracle or SQLPosition responsible for programming complex operating systems and utility packages in support of development projects and business objectives.
- Able to use ServiceNow Discovery and ServiceMapping Training a plus Able to demonstrate innovative thinking
- Able to maintain calm demeanor when faced with difficult clients and situations
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to disply strong customer-service orientation
- Able to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Able to display analytical and good problem solving skills
- Able to function well in a team and multi-management environment ServiceNow System Administrator Certification ServcieNow Application Developer Certification ITIL Certification
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop
- Able to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to bend and stoop
- Able to sit and view a personal computer display for long periods of time
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office
- Able to travel to company locations outside assigned work location and attend or conduct meetings and or training with clients, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Able to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to work irregular hours and overtime as needed or required to meet established deadlines