Fastech Consulting Engineering is a fast growing Civil Engineering firm. We have an immediate need of Construction Inspectors for our client NYCDDC in Queens, NYC.
Good sign on bonus is offered for this position if you are qualified and selected.
NYC DDC experience is absolutely required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out construction inspection assignments
- Interface with the Contractor; receive interpretation of contract documents from office based staff
- Coordinate with utility companies that may have facilities within the job site
- Monitor performance of the Contractor
- Coordinate with and have knowledge of requirements of regulatory agencies
- Identify problems and propose solutions
- Utilize standard quantity recording and reporting procedures
- Able to handle overall inspection of small projects with limited direction/instruction from supervisor. Projects to be located throughout New York. Local travel required
- Effectively communicate
Qualifications and Skills
- BS Engineering from an accredited college with more than 2 years of experience in Construction Inspection OR Associate Degree in Engineering with NICET II certification in Transportation or Underground Utilities Construction
- ACI Grade 1 concrete field testing technician certification and OSHA 10 certification is required. No application will be considered without these certifications.
- Experience with NYC Agencies such as: NYCDDC, NYCDEP, MTA and/or PANYNJ is a plus
- Strong written, oral, communication, organization skills will be required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Word and MS Excel
Fastech offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401K profit sharing plan. To express interest, submit your resume via fax to 201-591-7974, or e-mail to [email protected]
Must have legal authorization to work in the US for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Company.
Job Type: Full-time