Enterprise Homes, Inc. – Baltimore, MD
Department Enterprise Homes
Location Baltimore, MD
Entity Enterprise Homes, Inc.
The Construction Manager will report to and work under the direction of the Sr. Director of Design and Construction. Enterprise Homes typically contracts with a builder/general contractor to construct its developments, and the Construction Manager will participate in pre-construction design activities and act as the owners field representative during construction. The Construction Manager is primarily responsible for construction oversight of Enterprise Homes developments.
- Responsible for the preconstruction and constructions phases of assigned developments.
- Facilitate the coordination of architects, engineers, utility providers and other design and construction related consultants through the project life cycle.
- Responsible to ensure the construction scope of work complies with EHI standards and lender requirements.
- Become familiar with any job specific requirements and effectively implement them in a timely manner so as not to jeopardize timely funding.
- Negotiate construction and design consultant contracts. Establish the budget for construction and design / 3rd party consultant fees. Manage general contractor and design team while collaborating with development manager to develop the scope of work within feasible budget limits. Actively seek and develop solutions to mitigate cost overruns.
- Manage internal architectural and interior design review process.
- Review, update and track changes in the budget line items. Prepare and maintain change order logs and ensure timely resolution of potential change orders within the budget.
- Establish the preconstruction and construction schedule; coordinate with Development Managers to understand and comply with financing timelines. Oversee contractor and 3rd party consultants to comply with schedule requirements, including closing dates, construction commencement dates and completion dates.
- Oversee, monitor and inspect construction to ensure quality construction and compliance with plans and specifications; be thoroughly familiar with construction documents.
- Attend construction progress meetings and review all construction requisitions to ensure appropriateness for work completed.
- Resolve contract disputes quickly so as not to unnecessarily delay construction completion.
- Responsible for timely and profitable completion of assigned developments.
- Manage and ensure delivery of required certifications such as NGBS, Enterprise Green Communities and LEED.
- Assist with development close-out including release of securities and delivery of contractors cost certification
- Create, organize and maintain files, databases, reports, correspondence and related materials.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with lenders and investors inspectors; local and state government agencies including permit and inspection divisions; and utility companies.
- Collaborate with New Business to assist in the preparation of competitive and complete financing applications.
- Attend required corporate meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a positive company image through professional and fair business practices
Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- 10+ years experience in construction management.
- Ability to manage multiple construction projects simultaneously as the Owners representative is essential.
- Experience in residential construction including multi-family, both new construction and rehabilitation is preferred.
- Experience in sitework, including grading, utilities, paving, etc. is preferred.
- Understanding of compliance related to LIHTC, HUD and other affordable housing finance programs is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Green Communities, NGBS and/or LEED Multi-family Certifications preferred.
- Financial and analytical skills; strong relationship management skills with lenders inspectors, vendors, contractors and professional design personnel.
- Negotiation skills and demonstrated skill in making decisions with varying amounts of information available.
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and use good judgment in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods.
- Strong organizational and writing skills.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure to meet deadlines and financial objectives.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders offsite at project sites.
- When visiting project sites, incumbent may be exposed to varying environmental conditions (e.g. outdoor weather, dirt, dust, mud, and other construction work-site hazards and hazards associated with urban construction).
- Ability to travel to (in-state and out-of-state) offsite meetings, project sites, company related functions, etc. with short notice.
- Valid drivers license and automobile required.
Additional Information -