Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? A company that was that was most recently named one of Washingtons Best Workplaces 2018 by Puget Sound Business Journal.
Quadrant Homes is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Construction Manager in our office located in Bellevue, WA.
Position Highlights: Plans and manages the homebuilding construction process for a designated community. Oversees trade partners to ensure quality control, adherence to the Companys scopes of work and safety protocols. Engages with external consultants, internal team members and homeowners to effectively execute and deliver quality homes with high customer satisfaction. Applies independent judgment and discretion to appropriately manage field operations on a daily basis.
- Manages trade partners and consultants, including initiating and approving changes and purchases orders, withholding approval of payment for unsatisfactory or incomplete work; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on trade partner selection and retention.
- Manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training and feedback to foster their growth and advancement.
- Oversees onsite safety of the Companys employees to ensure they work safely; evaluates safety violations by employees and trades and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
- Schedules aspects of construction projects, including trade partners, material deliveries, and inspections; manages work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Exercises discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies schedules (as appropriate) in response to field conditions to achieve Company goals.
- Manages the home-building process from permitting to home delivery (and first-year warranty if required).
- Uses sound judgment to implement the Companys jobsite compliance programs and monitors trade partner compliance with scopes of work and applicable regulations such as building codes, quality standards, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety programs.
- Acts as the Companys primary representative on the jobsite with third parties such as trade partners, customers and government inspectors and investigators.
- Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to the Companys high standards prior to follow on work. All with the goal of meeting established cycle time goals per home and community under construction.
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants, trades, building officials and customer care to successfully manage and execute the homebuilding process.
- Engages with homeowners during brand/division-required orientations/walks to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelors degree desired.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required.
- Ability to read and understand and implement adjustments t architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans and soils reports.
- Expertise in Hyphen BuildPro.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- General knowledge of the residential building industry and the ability to use general building tools and equipment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quadrant Homes is a member of TRI Pointe Group (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- Quadrant Homes is now in its 50th year of award-winning home building in the Puget Sound region, where it is currently building or developing new home communities in King, Pierce, Snohomish, and Kitsap Counties.
- Recently named one of Washingtons Best Workplaces 2018 by Puget Sound Business Journal.
- More Washingtonians live in a home constructed by Quadrant than by any other builder.
- Recipient of several recent design honors including 2019 and 2018 Nationals Silver Awards by the NAHB National Sales and Marketing Council, 2018, 2017 and 2016 Tribute Awards by the New Home Council, and a 2016 Gold Nugget Award by PCBC.
Please visit www.QuadrantHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.