JW Home Care Inc – Oxnard, CA
Position Summary / Purpose
Working within homes and businesses that have been affected by water or fire damage. Items will be packed professionally with care and transported back to our warehouse for storage and at times cleaning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under supervision and commercial settings handling personal property (contents) as follows:
- Packing, loading and transport Disassembly and reassembly
- Mitigation services Dry and wet cleaning
- Inventory Deodorization * Participate as directed in the following activities:
- Vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Maintaining vehicles in clean serviceable condition
- Construct polyethylene enclosures
- Removing and disposing of debris
- Setting and maintaining equipment * Attend JW Home Care sponsored operations and safety training courses
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other peoples property.
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per JW Home Cares vehicle policy.
- Frequent lifting in excess of 75 lbs or more
- Sustained periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling.
- Access and mobility in tight spaces.
- Satisfactory completion of OSHA Construction 10 hour course.
- Familiarity with chemical cleaning products including Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when requested.
- Periodic travel.
- Oral Communication - The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet. Able to effectively communicate with customers in understandable terms.
- Written Communication - Writes clear, precise, well organized estimates, proposals and emails. The individual edits work for spelling, uses appropriate vocabulary and has impeccable grammar. Is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning and Organizing - Has the ability to see the overall job from start to finish. Understanding the steps to be taken, resources and time required, can effectively create a timeline for the job.
- Customer Focus - Combines empathy for customers situations with time and budget constraints to effectively manage and exceed customers expectations.
- Technology - Take photos with iPad or phone.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education and Experience - High School diploma or GED and one (1) year of experience in packing, moving or cleaning.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Also frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move 75 or more pounds.
- The work of this position is predominantly carried out in homes or business. Employee will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage has occurred and mold or other organic growth exists.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Job Type: Full-time
- packing, moving: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)