Continuum Care Manager, Inpatient (Resource), All Sites - (67963) NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognitionthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient caresomething only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950+ physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Continuum Care Manager, Inpatient Resource for our Cross Care Continuum Department located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a resource position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled 8 hours shifts. Shifts will not start prior to 8:30 a.m. but may be flexible for later start time. Mon-Fri, with four weekend shifts within a 12-week schedule. Floating to all four NorthShore hospital locations required. 12 shifts per 12 week schedule 4 of which must be weekend shifts.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Physician for assignment of appropriate level of care and safe patient discharges
- Be responsible for the improvement and risk management review of patient care using objective criteria, evaluation of utilization of hospital resources for appropriateness of care, and supporting the care of the patient by assisting the clinical care givers in planning and providing for post discharge resources and services for an assigned patient population
- Assist the physicians and health information records services coders in assuring medical- legal compliance with documentation requirements in the medical record through concurrent review and analysis of the medical record for an assigned patient population in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor s degree in any field required
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience required
- Previous experience in Utilization Management, Managed Care or chronic disease management highly preferred
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission to preserve and improve human life through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Primary Location: USA-IL-Evanston Work Locations: 2650 Ridge Ave-Burch Building : EVAN-1100 60201 Job: Nursing-Staff Positions Organization: Corporate Per Diem Job Posting: May 16, 2019, 12:41:10 PM