Gemini Therapeutics is a biotechnology company pioneering precision therapeutics for patients with high-risk genetic profiles linked to dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and rare systemic diseases. Our therapeutic candidates are matched to molecular abnormalities found in patients with high clinical need and Gemini s broad multimodal pipeline includes monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins and gene therapies. Launched with funding from leading life science investors and powered by academic partnerships around the world, Gemini is developing a series of first-in-class therapeutics.SUMMARY:
Gemini Therapeutics is looking for a highly motivated and energetic CONTRACT-(Sr) Associate Scientist* that will generate key in-vitro data for our top priority programs. The CONTRACT-Sr. Associate Scientist will need to understand the MOA and the biological mechanism behind the data. This is a hands-on position where you will learn and be part of a highly collaborative team environment.
- (Level commensurate with experience)
- Develop in-vitro assays to understand the mechanism of biological activities of our lead products
- Troubleshoot and develop new assays which include ELISAs, MSDs, Luminex, etc.
- Help set up a new laboratory including instrumentation evaluation, testing, methods development
- Analyze data and present findings to supervisor, retina biology group and cross functional teams as necessary
- Work with external vendors when needed
- Bachelor s degree or Masters in Biochemistry, Molecular biology or relevant life science area with a minimum of 2 years of biotech, pharmaceutical or relevant CRO experience
- Experience in retina biology, kidney biology or/and complement biology fields
- Experience in standard cell culture and molecular biology with strong biochemical assay techniques (Western blot, ELISA, PCR)
- Novel cell-based assay development and implementation
- Cell culture of primary and iPSC derived cells
- Potency and mechanism of action assays for biologic therapeutic candidates
- Biacore/SPR experience is highly desirable
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly growing/changing organization
Full-Time-CONTRACT, ExemptEEOC Statement:
Gemini Therapeutics believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Gemini Therapeutics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.