Job Description: Contracts Associate
Supervision: Contracts Manager
Job Summary: The successful candidate will support Econometricas Contracts Manager and the Director of the Housing and Community Development Group (HCD) with contract and cooperative agreement administration and compliance, consultant procurement and process management, and business development efforts with Federal, State, local, and private-sector entities. This position is required to be onsite during business hours, 8:30 a.m.5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The primary responsibilities of this position are specific to the HCD groups contract/cooperative agreement administration and compliance, consultant procurement and management, and business proposal support. If time allows, the Contracts Associate will serve as backup support to Econometricas Contracts Manager for other divisions within Econometrica.
Contract or cooperative agreement administration and compliance:
- Assist Project Managers with work plan budgets.
- Review timesheets at the end of each pay period (or more frequently) to make sure that the HCD staff members have charged their time to the correct cooperative agreement and work plan codes.
- Assist Accounting and the HCD Director with monthly U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) cooperative agreement invoicing and expense tracking.
- Serve as HCD liaison to Accounting.
- Track spending and periods of performance on cooperative agreements (both at the work plan and top level) and report to Project Managers and the HCD Director on overspending and impending work plan and cooperative agreement expirations.
- Assist with Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting (DRGR) work plan budget submission for approved work plans and process work plan modifications in the DRGR system.
- Submit wage rates to HUD for approval on cooperative agreements as requested by Project Managers and the HCD Director.
- Ensure compliance with consultant and subcontractor procurement requirements.
- Perform regular reviews to ensure work plan and cooperative agreement records are in alignment between various internal and external tracking systems.
- Review travel expense reports, reimbursement requests, and consultant/subcontractor invoices for accuracy and resolve any issues before submitting to Accounts Payable.
- Support internal and external audits of cooperative agreements, as needed.
- Support the closeout of cooperative agreement and funded work plans as requested by the HCD Director.
- Participate in HCD internal meetings on cooperative agreements, as requested.
- Provide non-HCD contract administration support, as requested by the Econometrica Contracts Manager.
Consultant procurement and management, as needed:
- Support documenting and tracking the procurement file for subcontractors and consultants in accordance with relevant HUD and Office of Management and Budget requirements.
- Support the formal signoff of master agreements and task assignments (to be developed by Project Managers).
- Coordinate the review and approval of monthly consultant invoices, acting as liaison between Accounting and HCD Project Managers.
- Review consultant invoices to ensure current master agreements and task assignments are in place and aligned with the invoice, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Update the consultant handbook and train new consultants and staff on Econometricas invoicing and reimbursement procedures, as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date lists of subcontractors and consultants, their contact information, qualifications, availability and schedule of hourly labor rates, and their roles on existing contracts or cooperative agreements.
- Perform regular reviews to ensure consultant and subcontractor paperwork on work plans is updated, and collaborate with Project Managers to remain in compliance.
- Support effective and positive relationships with partner organizations, including subcontractors and consultants.
- Regularly communicate with Econometricas Contracts Manager and HCD Director on contract and cooperative agreement compliance activities and areas in need of improvement.
Business development activities:
- Collaborate with the Editing department to maintain past performance tables for each work plan and cooperative agreement.
- Assist the Contracts Manager to review pricing spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Coordinate and manage timely receipt of business proposal data call items and forms (internally and with external partners) in collaboration with HCD staff and Econometrica Contracts Manager.
- Assist Econometricas Contracts Manager to prepare teaming agreements and nondisclosure agreements for HCD Director.
- Adhere to Econometricas proposal process and encourage the use of Econometrica business proposal templates and pricing spreadsheets.
Education & Qualifications
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in contract and grants management and administration.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate implications of or connections between seemingly disparate tasks.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle areas of delegated responsibility independently, yet collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets in Excel spreadsheets.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Adobe, especially working with and editing PDF documents.
- Experience with or knowledge of maintaining data in Federal Government systems.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience managing projects and/or preparing financial reports.
Highly desirable experience:
- 2 to 3 years of experience administering or working on cooperative agreements, specifically with HUD.
- 2 to 3 years of experience with the Federal requirements applicable under HUD cooperative agreements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience with the DRGR system and invoicing procedures for HUD grants and cooperative agreements.
- Bachelors degree preferred and at least 1 year of project management and 1 year of financial reporting or budgeting experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Working with HUD: 2 years (Preferred)
- Managing Budgets using Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Grants Contracts Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- HUD DRGR system: 2 years (Preferred)
- Federal Government systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules