Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, authorizes scheduling, work order authorization, materials requisitioning and recordkeeping for the Facilities Management. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Facilities Management, 3753 Bradview Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
- Receives calls regarding emergency maintenance or repair and refers to appropriate personnel, dispatching employees after determining level of need.
- Distributes work orders to appropriate supervisors and maintenance personnel.
- Checks or computes and records labor and material costs on completed work orders; and enters work order data, inventories, schedules, and cost information in a computer.
- Prepares requisitions for material to be purchased obtaining necessary information from vendors.
- Orders maintenance and operational supplies.
- Maintains files of purchase orders and material purchases, processes manual and on-line receiving transactions on purchase orders.
- Prepares employee time reports checking for accuracy and fund encumbrance.
- Compiles information and makes reports.
- Assists with compilation of budget information.
- Computes, records, and proofreads data and information, such as records or reports.
- Copies, sorts, and files records of office activities, business transactions, etc.
- Maintains labor records including hours worked and projects assigned.
- Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Develops district-wide bus and driver schedule.
- Greets and directs people at front desk, answers telephone, responds to requests and delivers messages.
- Answers inquiries requiring knowledge of department services and procedures.
- Types letters, memoranda, and other correspondence as required.
- Operates office machines, such as computers, copier, fax, and shredder.
- Uses a variety of computer accounting and office software programs to perform the required tasks including databases, spreadsheets, and email.
- Performs related duties as required.
Work Year 12 month
8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m., Monday Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience working at the level of a Clerk III in the Los Rios Community College District, including some responsibility for maintaining payroll records and processing purchase orders; or, three years of responsible accounting or general clerical experience, including responsibility in purchasing and payroll.
EDUCATION: At least one year of course work at a certified business school with credits in accounting, payroll and purchasing.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating see resume on the online application will be disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary $3,223.93 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note