Coordinator of Marketing, PR & Digital Communications
Lyndhurst Historic Site – Tarrytown, NY
Lyndhursts Coordinator of Marketing, PR and Digital Communications will coordinate the execution of external communication initiatives aimed at increasing public awareness of, and participation in, Lyndhursts growing programs and development efforts. This includes social media, print advertising, media listings, sponsorship marketing and internal website management which integrates with programming and visitor services. The Coordinator is the gatekeeper for website updates and acts as the liaison between Lyndhurst and an outside development consultant to complete a State funded website redesign that begins July 1, 2019. The position handles design for small in-house projects and acts as liaison to outside designers and PR consultants as needed. The Coordinator also will drive new member acquisition and membership program stewardship which includes curating a series of member events throughout the year.
- Help plan, implement, and execute Lyndhurst web and social media strategy
- Maintain Lyndhursts online presence including website updates, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and video platforms
- Help envision and produce content for Lyndhursts social media accounts
- Perform community coordination on social media, responding to comments, questions, messages, etc
- Coordinate social media & digital advertising, from budgeting, to analyzing audience demographics, developing ad content and assessing campaigns
- Coordinate presence on online review sites like TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp. Triage and address negative reviews and messages.
- Design and send email marketing campaigns, create list segments, review campaign analytics.
- Manage and query Google Analytics to measure and understand website traffic.
- Drive 2019 website redesign project and serve as Lyndhurst representative to design firm, photographers, videographers. This will be a major undertaking in 2019 summer/fall-winter season.
- Develop and maintain marketing/development project calendar and deadlines.
- Coordinate design and print production for program mailings including postcards, flyers, mailers.
- Help manage graphic designer, provide content, photography, design vision; serve as liaison for graphic designer and Lyndhurst management.
- Coordinate hiring and execution of professional photography/videography if needed for marketing.
- Shoot and manage storage of in-house photography for use in print and web.
- Track invoices and maintain budget for print marketing activities.
- Oversee design and purchase of onsite signage.
- Generate intermediate graphic designs for low distribution, digital, or short lead project materials.
Ticketing and Data
- Coordinate content on ticketing system (Showclix) to ensure consistency between Lyndhurst site and ticketing site, address common visitor questions
- Create ticketed events through ticketing system including creating schedules, pricing, fees, discount codes, and advanced system administration
- Complete monthly impact report to assess site demographics and send to National Trust
- Complete monthly CRM report consisting of donors and members and send to National Trust for database upload in a timely and accurate manner
- In donor database (Patron Manager/Salesforce), design and run queries for mailing lists, donation reports, contact reports, and conversion rates.
- In donor database, manage database administration including creating new fields, understanding field relationships, maintaining data, entering data.
- Serve as Lyndhurst representative to Showclix and Patron Manager support teams.
- Coordinate membership program administration including sending renewal notices, fulfilling new memberships, providing membership customer service.
- Coordinate with National Trust staff for questions about joint memberships and membership cards
Event Planning and Support
- Help oversee, plan, supply, and execute two annual member parties in mansion for approx. 100-125 guests including designing and distributing invitations, hiring catering & determining menus, supervising event staff with detailed run of show, managing budget, purchasing event supplies.
- Assist Development and Visitors Services during large events like spring Gala, Flower Show, Halloween
- Hire and coordinate AV support for annual lecture symposium
- Serve as initial point of contact for press, PR consultants, ad placement, event listings
- Help develop and write press releases, pitches, and newsletters to highlight Lyndhurst programming and curatorial news
- Interface with local reporters, photographers, bloggers, and influencers as requested
- At least 3 years of professional level experience in social media marketing.
- Experience with the execution of design and social media projects.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Basic project-organization skills. Ability to achieve results with general supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate to achieve results.Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions required. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Demonstrated success and interest in engaging culturally diverse audiences.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including PatronManager database and WordPress, and design platforms Canva, a Plus.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent years of experience) required.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year