Inari Agriculture, Inc. is an exciting early stage, high growth company working to create a winning global food system for all. We re taking a revolutionary approach to transform plant breeding and contribute to a transparent agriculture system that is climate resilient and respectful of the environment, promotes nutrition and health, empowers all farmers, and can continue to feed the growing global population. To solve these hard problems for world changing impact, we re fearless in asking the questions no one else is, and determined to find the answers no one has yet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
Started in 2016 in Cambridge, MA, we have over 100 employees, and are now expanding our research and development capabilities with new facilities and teams in West Lafayette, IN and Ghent, Belgium. Our interdisciplinary R&D team brings expertise in biology, agronomy, genetics, data science, and software engineering, and is supported by an exceptional global Scientific Advisory Board. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world without starving the planet we d love to hear from you!
About the role...
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the leadership of one of the fastest growing agriculture & biotech companies as a member of Inari s Corporate Development team. Inari s Head of Corporate Development is looking for a first hire for this newly formed team. The Corporate Development team works directly with Inari s senior leadership team on a variety of strategic topics that range from business development, fundraising and business planning/modelling to competitive intelligence and more.
- Work on a range of strategic topics for the company
- Independently prepare analyses and present your results to senior stakeholders within the firm
- Build models to support your analyses and prepare presentation decks
- Work on the Company s business plan and other financial models
- Get direct exposure to Inari s top management (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer and President of North America, Chief Scientific Officer, etc.) on a daily basis
- Learn what it takes to build and run a ag-biotech startup from a team of experienced industry leaders
- Experience a rapidly evolving, purpose driven, and high growth startup environment, with an opportunity for meaningful impact
- 1.5-3 years of experience in a business analyst or similar position, ideally in consulting, investment banking, operating company, or a start-up
- Experience in strategic and business analysis, financial modelling
- A strong interest in improving agriculture and the environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills - written, visual (i.e. presentations) and oral
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel) and/or GSuite (Slides, Sheets)
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and have a meaningful impact
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks
- A collaborative approach, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback