The CPE Department Secretary provides indirect care to CPE and other Perioperative patients to ensure efficient patient flow and quality patient care. Under the supervision of the Clinical Leader and Nursing Director the secretary performs various administrative duties which facilitate each patients readiness for surgery. The CPE Department Secretary will work collaboratively with the team to assure the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
- Follows established hospital and departmental precautions and procedures in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment for patients.
- Interacts with others within and outside the hospital to explain department services, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates scheduling and special arrangements and resolves matters within the scope of own authority or as directed by supervisor.
- Performs assigned administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of the CPE and other perioperative departments as needed.
- Triages phone calls in a pleasant and courteous manner, collaborating with professional personnel when appropriate, accurately relaying messages to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Receives visitors to the department in a professional manner, projecting a positive public image.
- Assists in facilitating patient flow in CPE by appropriately notifying RN staff of patient arrivals, cancellations, etc.
- Participates in distributing patient teaching materials, giving instructions to patients as appropriate and reinforcing information for readiness for surgery.
- Maintains inventory and orders office and medical supplies according to knowledge of usage patterns and budgeted allowances. Prepares and follows-up on purchase orders and requests for checks.
- Provides secretarial support to ensure efficient and confidential flow of information for patient s medical records in a flexible and timely manner.
- Requests medical records in advance as per protocol, updates medical record requests when add-ons occur on the CPE/OR schedule, notifies Medical Records Dept. of missing charts and chart contents.
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently use electronic health record to schedule appointments, communicate results and patient questions to other members of the care team.
- Accurately enters statistical data to support quality initiatives in the department.
- Provides other support to CPE/ Pre- op as needed.
- Works collaboratively and proactively with the care team.
- Maintains and fosters a Team approach to patient care.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, day shift
About Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why weve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If youre looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
- Previous clerical experience preferred
- Epic/Procedure Pass/InBasket experience preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work as a team player
- Adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
EEO Statement Brigham and Womens Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employees protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
Primary Location: MA-Boston-Brigham & Women s Faulkner Hospital Work Locations: Brigham & Women s Faulkner Hospital 1153 Centre Street Boston 02130 Job: Administrative Support Organization: Brigham & Women s Faulkner Hospital(BWFH) Schedule: Full-time Standard Hours: 40 Shift: Day Job Posted Shift Description: 5 (8) hour shifts, variable start times between 6:30am and 8am Employee Status: Regular Recruiting Department: BWFH Center For Preoperative Evaluation Job Posting: Jun 24, 2019