CREDENTIALED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
UNC Rex Healthcare – Raleigh, NC
Position: Credentialed Medical Assistant Schedule: Part-time Location: Raleigh, NC
The essential duties and responsibilities of a Credentialed Medical Assistant for the Rex Digestive Health Department includes:
- Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
- Participating in all safety practices as required by the department by adhering to the institution and department policies, procedures and regulatory standards
- Providing direct patient care under the delegation of licensed nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians and documenting any care provided in the patient s medical record
- Collaborating with the nurses and providers to implement a plan of care and reinforce patient education
- Administering medication per role and pharmacy approval
- Assisting with and operating equipment as required by the assigned patient population
- Performing administrative functions as required by the department
- Accepting supervision and training from the RNs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians to establish and maintain clinical competencies required by the department
- Contributing to performance improvement activities
Other duties may be assigned.
Candidate is required to have graduated from an accredited certified medical assisting program, have a Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification and be credentialed by at least one of the following organizations: The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) as a CMA, The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) as a NCMA, The National Healthcare Association (NHA) as a CCMA and/or The American Medical Technologist (AMT) as a RMA.
It is preferred that the candidate have previous medical office and/or urgent care experience.
Primary Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Department: REXH-26970-Rex Digestive Health
Shift: Day Job