Why Work at Children s....
Children s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children s Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation s outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children s Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children s Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children s Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
Department: North Campus Radiology
Hours per week: 36, eligible for benefits
Shift: Weekend hours covering North Campus and Anschutz. Included in the holiday and call staffing rotation.
Performs high quality pediatric diagnostic imaging procedures using a CT scanning device; provides conscientious patient care while adhering to all quality and safety standards; and performs administrative duties (such as scheduling appointments, patient instructions, and maintenance of records). Required to be on call depending on location.
POPULATION SPECIFIC CARE
- Neonate- < 30 days
- Infancy- > 30 days to 1 yr.
- Toddlers- > 1 yr. to 3 yrs.
- Pre-schoolers- > 3 yrs. to 5 yrs.
- School age-> 5 yrs. to 13 yrs.
- Adolescent- >13 yrs. to 18 yrs.
- Adult- >18 yrs. to 65 yrs.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Independently produces high quality imaging while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper diagnostic scanning
- Provides age appropriate care and appropriately prepares patients for procedures.
- Provides clear and detailed information regarding the procedure and care to patients, families, coworkers and others.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely operate all CT equipment; and ancillary equipment as needed to include power injector.
- Demonstrates and utilizes principles of ALARA in radiation safety management.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of RIS and PACs as it pertains to modality specific functions and use.
- Demonstrates competency in IV placement, securement, contrast administration and extravasation handling.
- Manages patient priority and act as first responder when needed
- Follows department policies, procedures and protocol.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
- Guidelines: Fully qualified, full performance or journey level. Guidelines are generally but not always clearly applicable, requiring the employee to exercise judgment in selecting the most pertinent guideline, interpret precedents, adapt standard practices to differing situations, and recommend alternative actions in situations without precedent.
- Complexity: Duties assigned are generally complex and may be of substantial intricacy. Work assignment is performed within an established framework under general instructions but requires simultaneous coordination of assigned functions or projects in various stages of completion.
- Decision Making: Performs work with minimal supervisory oversight. Under general supervision, the employee receives assignments and is expected to carry them through to completion with substantial independence. Work is reviewed for adherence to instructions, accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard practice or precedent. Recurring work clearly covered by guidelines may or may not be reviewed
- Communications: Contacts with team members, clients or the public where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, defended, and gathered and discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
- Supervision Received: Performs work with minimal supervisory oversight. Under general supervision, the employee receives assignments and is expected to carry them through to completion with substantial independence. Work is reviewed for adherence to instructions, accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard practice or precedent. Recurring work clearly covered by guidelines may or may not be reviewed.
- EDUCATION Graduation from an accredited radiography program
- EXPERIENCE Minimum of 2 years radiography experience
- CERTIFICATION(S) BLS; ARRT registered in Radiography; CT certification from the ARRT
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- General Activity: Sit: 1-2 hrs. per day
- General Activity: Stand/Walk: 4-6 hrs. per day
- Motion: Bend: 1/3 or more of time
- Motion: Carry: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Lift: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Pull: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Reach: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands - Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 pounds: Up to 1/3 of time
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Regular/Frequent.
- Exposure: Exposure to chemicals: Occasional.
- Exposure: Exposure to infectious diseases: Frequent.
- Exposure: Exposure to radiation: Frequent.
- Exposure: Exposure to skin irritations: Occasional.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Makes decisions under pressure.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.