Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center – Seattle, WA
Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutchs pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nations first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Womens Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The CTMS Program Office is a tri-institutional office housed within the Fred Hutch Research Administration department providing implementation and operational support services for the OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) that is jointly managed by the Fred Hutch, the University of Washington and the SCCA.
The CTMS Manager is a leadership role within the CTMS Program Office team that will support the lifecycle management of CTMS operations including the management of support issues, new requests and enhancement requests from intake, through triage, resolution and metrics management.
As a member of the CTMS Program Office Leadership team the CTMS Manager will also play a key role in providing strategic inputs and resources to the ongoing multi-year CTMS Implementation for study financial management as well as ongoing data QC and end-user training efforts. The CTMS Manager should have critical thinking skills for complex problem solving. They should also bring strategic tactical ability to drive operational process improvements through high-quality design efforts, effective communication and thoughtful stakeholder management across 3 institutions. This position will include line management responsibilities; and will be outward facing requiring exceptional customer service, communication and relationship building skills.
- Manage tri-institutional CTMS support desk functions including lifecycle management of issues, requests, and enhancements by leading a team of 4-8 analyst team members
- Oversee delivery of clinical trial management support functions such as calendar building and sponsor invoicing
- Oversee analysts performing substantive analyses of CTMS functionality and workflow options to inform proposed solutions to end user issues and requests
- Facilitate SME teams through complex conversations needed to review options and determine solutions for cross-institutional CTMS workflows
- Oversee data support for standard reporting cycles such as CTRP quarterly reporting
- Develop and publish support desk metrics
- Establish support desk benchmarks; design and implement improvement processes to achieve and exceed established benchmarks, and develop and publish support desk metrics
- Partner with CTMS Training and QC teams to incorporate workflow changes into the CTMS Training and Data QC Programs that arise from reoccurring support desk issues and data patterns and vice versa
- Facilitate tri-institutional stakeholder and oversight committees that provide key inputs into workflow and data capture requirements
- Effectively communicate with study team members, administrative offices, and leadership on support desk trends and highlights
- Communicate CTMS changes and updates to a diverse group of stakeholders ranging from study team staff to administrative staff, faculty and leadership
- Manage the development lifecycle of reports and oversee reporting analysts documenting requirements for operational and leadership reports
- Coordinate efforts with technical team to help ensure timely OnCore environment updates to, and application of technical fixes for end user issues
- Manage assessment and implementation of OnCore upgrades
- Coach, mentor, and develop CTMS staff and peers within partner offices
- Thought partnership and strategic support for the CTMS Program Office Director
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience as analyst/manager working with OnCore or other CTMS system
- Experience in Clinical Research Operations or health care operations
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards and best practices for clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, analysis and optimization
- Ability to effectively manage, mentor and coach a team of 4-8 direct reports and various peers in partner offices
- Experience managing a team of analysts supporting an enterprise system
- High level of reliability, flexibility and ability to handle complexity and exercise sound judgment
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle time sensitive deadlines and quickly pivot when unexpected events or changes present themselves
- Excellent communication (written and oral), customer service, collaboration, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail mindset
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the operations team, cross functional team members, external partners/vendors, leadership, and personnel at various levels in the organization