- Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and thats why we work hard every day to make a difference in peoples lives. Weve united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. Its a lofty goal, but its one were committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in peoples lives and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
In this position you will provide front line leadership to our employees while organizing, supervising, and coordinating the work of the food service staff in the department. It will be your responsibility to assure that all food products, food service areas and work processes comply with company standards as well as with County, State and JCAHO regulations. Bring your leadership skills and culinary experience to our team!
You will be scheduled primarily for the early morning shift, Sunday s are required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. - About Banner - University Medical Center South
Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics. For more information about Tucson, please visit: VisitTucson.org
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. -
This position provides front line leadership to employees while organizing, supervising, and coordinating the work of the food service staff in the department. Assures that all food products, food service areas and work processes comply with company standards as well as with County, State and JCAHO regulations.
- Leads and directs the food and nutrition staff in assigned area or shift, achieves the daily food & nutrition department production and service requirements.
- Interviews, selects and hires qualified department staff, influences staff turnover. Provides formal training, orientation and on-the-job training. Ensures the ongoing competency of staff through coaching and the evaluation of staff performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Monitors and supports department staff to ensure that excellent meal service is provided while meeting patient and customer satisfaction goals. Monitors staff and areas to ensure that regulatory agency, OSHA, and safety guidelines are met.
- Monitors and controls operating expenses and other key indicators within assigned areas/shift to meet budget requirements.
- Inventories food and supplies in assigned areas; determines ordering and food production quantities based upon established par levels and special needs.
- Resolves customer problems and supports staff development in customer service skills.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must possess the knowledge and abilities in food services normally acquired with two or more years of experience and/or education in similar food services management work. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Must be able to effectively organize, lead and supervise work areas and teams. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required.
All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, tilt skillet, broiler, steam table, grill, deep fryer, slicer, Buffalo Chopper, mixer, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation. Office equipment such as computer, phone, fax machine, and retail service equipment such as point of sale registers, beverage and ice cream dispensers, chaffing dishes, serving utensils. Must have the ability to operate computer business software, email, phone, FAX, etc.
Previous supervisory experience and background in healthcare. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish are a plus. SERVSAFE certification.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.