Customer Service Receptionist
AmeriVet Partners Management, Inc. – Poway, CA
Many of our friendly staff members have been with the practice for years, because they genuinely love what they do. To give our four-legged patients the personalized care they deserve, we have taken steps to achieve a higher standard of veterinary medicine. Our animal hospital is both Fear Free Certified and Certified Cat Friendly. That means we have put ourselves to the test and fine-tuned our practice to accommodate our patients many unique needs. In addition, were motivated by our compassion for animals to deliver the best service at all times. To supplement the treatments we provide, we also work closely with many exceptional specialty hospitals in the area.
We care for your pets as much as we care for our own. When you turn to us for your pet s healthcare needs, we re honored to have your trust.
Preferably 5+ years experience
The Customer Service Specialist directs, plans and coordinates a variety of patient service functions that are related to the client management and the healthcare team. These functions include, but are not limited to, reception (client and phone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance and training of personnel to maintain the highest standard of client service and patient care.
- Strong communication and client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Ability to work with clients and patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Ability to courteously and professionally answer incoming telephone calls utilizing proper telephone etiquette and place outgoing calls responding to clients needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications including MS Office (Word).
- Utilize the computer system to accurately enter and retrieve records and reports, enter fees, charges, and recalls and maintain the database.
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, for ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests.
- Requires strong client service skills. Personal contacts are with pet owners affected by a variety of problems, visitors and other healthcare team members. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Finds way to increase the client and patient experience to make it more pleasurable and makes sure we are exceeding our clients expectations.
- Perform/oversee the entering of daily business and hospital invoices ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Review charts for approval of special billing following the guidelines established by the veterinary practice manager.
- Full Time Position Medical Benefits PTO 401K
- Competitive Pay based on experience