Alpha Packaging is a multi-national blow molding and related plastics technology organization known for its outstanding products and employees. As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for individuals who are looking for steady and predictable work that have the capacity to grow with our organization.
We are currently seeking a full-time Customer Service Representative with some account management experience. Manufacturing experience a plus.
Hours are normal business hours with an opportunity to work from home a couple days of the week after a 6 months training.
General Purpose of Position:
Provide a high level of service to the corporate clients through order management, complaint resolution and exceeding customer expectations.
Customer Service must understand the customers needs and applicable corporate policies and create a solution that delivers within corporate policy while meeting customer expectations. Handles management of orders from inception to completion to meet customers delivery expectations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: placing orders, and handling returns request, managing customer inventory, customer correspondence.
- Use automated information systems to analyze the customers situation.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customers experience.
- When requested, responsible for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer needs.
- The customer service representative will provide information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services.
- The representative will receive, review and process orders.
- The customer service representative will receive, document and resolve customer complaints.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education and Experience: ****
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline preferred
- At least 2 years customer service experience; plastics packaging industry experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and Access Systems
- Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate and work well with supervisors, employees, colleagues and individuals inside and outside of the company.
- Operates with a service oriented mindset when approaching responsibilities; demonstrates a high willingness to assist others regardless of their level in the organization or their personal skill set/competencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate and work well with supervisors, employees, colleagues and individuals inside and outside of the company
- Superior decision making and analytical abilities.
- Consistent ability to prioritize responsibilities and work effectively while dealing with a variety of requests throughout the day.
- Must be open and flexible to changes, ideas and/or best practices from management and peers; utilization of a team approach in all aspects of performance is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft applications.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Operates computer and standard office equipment, such as telephone and copier/printer.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement