Installation, Maintenance, Repair and Applications Support.
Installation and performance verification of new equipment at customer sites. Maintenance and repair of all existing contract and warrantied equipment in the field within an established time frame while ensuring a best-in-class service experience. Provide on time scheduled preventative maintenance for our contract customers and verify all specifications are met and documented. Provide quotations for non-contract customers that are billed at an hourly rate. Troubleshoot and support application specific protocols.
Business Development. Drive the sale of new service agreements, service appropriate support teams for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information. Actively seeks agreement upgrades and instrument additions to existing contracts. Contribute to account profitability by encouraging customers to purchase training, application support, software upgrades, laboratory services products and computer hardware upgrades. Identify billable service opportunities for PMs, repairs, parts orders, support orders, install orders, equipment relocations and validation services. Assist and support local sales representative to secure new instrument orders and identify sales leads.
Information/Asset Management. Maintain all necessary documentation, inventory and service support functions of the job. Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system. Accountability for assigned company assets: company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory and etc.
Continuous Skill Development. Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmers value proposition to the customer. Maintain certification critieria associated with the CSE position. Strive to improve skill set and attain higher level certifications through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Electronics or related discipline plus minimum work experience listed below.
- Certification of company training on equipment for at least one major discipline (dependent upon geographic needs this may require multiple major disciplines).
Minimum Work Experience:
- Five years relevant experience and required skills.
- Applications/Technical support experience is a plus
Technical / Skill Requirements
- Advanced technical knowledge in all product lines supported.
- Comprehensive expertise in applications knowledge for all product lines supported.
- Comprehensive expertise in all software platforms of associated supported equipment.
- Expertise with use of all relevant test equipment.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid drivers license. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle as evidenced by a good driving record, frequently travel long distances and occasionally travel overnight.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customers site safety code.
- The ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals
- Work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- The ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals.
- The ability and willingness to travel as required. Typically, ranging from 30-70% travel.