Customer Support Engineer-West Point, PA
PerkinElmer – West Point, PA
This position is located in West Point, PA
Provides technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications and company products. Conducts on-site enhancements, maintenance and support for new and existing systems. Implements new product configurations/software upgrades, installs network devices and/or hardware components/peripherals. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs technical problems. Knowledgeable of company and third party vendor products utilized in the customer s application/systems.
- ABI Sciex experience and knowledge of Waters instruments would be helpful. Bachelors degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) or equivalent military education/training or Science/Electronics based Associates Degree with 5 years experience servicing pharma related equipment, or 6 or more years experience servicing or operating pharma instruments, equivalent work experience and a minimum of 3 years related hands-on Pharma experience.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services
- ABI Sciex /Waters HPLC skills preferred.Additional service skills on other products including Shimadzu HPLC and other Mass Spec product lines is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with a customer satisfaction focus
- Valid drivers license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle as evidenced by a good driving record.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customers site safety code.
- OEM training and certification in the instrumentation listed or equivalent
- Include the ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- Additionally the ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role.