Develops a thorough understanding of clients shipping requirements and patterns. Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line to maintain a cost-effective balance between customer service and compliance of shipments. Ensures compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e. Customs, security, and other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade). Provides assistance with trade compliance issues including proper tariff classification. Monitors key performance metrics of direct reports and ensures timely and accurate processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads core team responsible for meeting the needs of clients assigned to the group with a direct responsibility to generate and support profitable growth for the organization through proper management of the clients.
- Develops standardized process for clients assigned to group including SOPs, KPIs, report requirements, systems needs, and compliance requirements. Liaisons with other operational groups to ensure processes are established. Provides training and handoff to team to ensure they are properly servicing customers based on established requirements.
- Responsible for resolving all internal and external client customer service issues in a cost effective and expeditious manner. Works closely with clients representatives to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/issues and implements performance improvement processes to enhance future service delivery.
- Ensures proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensures documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and released to transportation teams, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepares all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures for Customs Entry Processing.
- Maintains courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Prepares timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- Ensures any company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all direct reports as needed.
- Establishes and maintains all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5+ years operational experience in international transportation with an international logistics provider.
- Customs brokerage license is beneficial.
- Demonstrated analytical, business planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and supervisory experience, including process improvement techniques. Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple services/locations.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services of Customs Brokerage and participating government agencies.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Customs entry software, spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Word) applications required. Experience in CargoWise One platform would be beneficial.
MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics (MIQ), is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of logistics professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many more. With operations in North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, MIQ provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills and take on greater responsibilities, MIQ offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
MIQ is a leading provider of supply chain management and global logistics services in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia started in 2000. Over the years, our business has seen many changes. What has not changed is our steadfast commitment to service excellence and improving our customers bottom-line performance.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. MIQ employees understand that customer service is our first priority and at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers business. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts.
To learn more about MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics, www.miq.com .