Job Id : 797
Jobtitle : Cyber Security Analyst (Synchro ISSO)
Location : North Charleston, SC
Company Name : Scientific Research Corp
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $80,000 - $90,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Engineering, Science.
Benefits : No benefits are available
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Synchro is an extensible Government OffTheShelf (GOTS) Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) support product utilized by multiple stakeholders within the United States (U.S.) Navy computing architecture. It operates on the Navy's NonSecure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS). Synchro provides many benefits to its customers through automation. It centrally manages and provides near realtime reporting of security posture and system health. It provides a number of security controls to consuming systems, which decreases costs for consuming systems and programs.
As a Synchro Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), this position is responsible for supporting the information system owner to complete security assessment, continuous monitoring, and configuration management responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform monthly compliance assessments using tools, such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise scans. Review, document, and maintain all results
• Develop RMF assessment and authorization (A&A) artifacts to include Security Plans, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Mitigation Strategies, Risk Assessment Reports (RAR) and Security Assessment Reports (SAR)
• Applying patches and virus definitions to the systems using existing automated tools
• Adhering to pre-defined configuration management and change management policies and procedures for authorizing software prior to its implementation on systems
• Ensuring that audit trails (system logs) are reviewed periodically. Audit records will be maintained for future reference
• Assessing Synchro in accordance with NIST, DoD, and NAVINTEL IA guidance
• Reporting security incidents in accordance with the Command's Incident Response Plan
• Ensuring systems are operated, used, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with all applicable security policies and practices
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance at the minimum
• A minimum of two to four years of cybersecurity experience
• Must have experience in eMASS and VRAM
• Must currently hold a DoD 8570-compliant IAT II certification (SSCP or Security+CE with appropriate CE/OS certificate), and IAM II certification (CAP or CASP CE) or be able to obtain within six months. CE/OS certificate may include Windows or Linux
• Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
• Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
• Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision
• Be open to new and innovative ideas
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in a Linux environment is preferred
• Prior experience with WSUS and YUM
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Techorbitinc Dallas, TX
Job Description : Responsible for defining adequate test coverage including functional, ...
3A SOFT INC Albany, NY
Skills required: At least 80 months as the lead tester At least 80 months working with ...
Forsys Inc Chicago, IL
Job Description: The primary area of responsibility is of quality acceptance testing and ...
IKCON TECHNOLOGIES INC Nashville, TN
JOB DESCRIPTION: Management and support of VMWare environments. Windows and Linux (RHEL) ...
kpg99 inc Charlotte, NC
Required Skills: Configure, implement, and tune solutions to meet business and technical ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.