Boeing is the world s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Aviall, an integrated subsidiary of Boeing is looking for a Cyber Security Network Security Specialist for our Irving, TX office:
- Integrates security technical controls for multiple projects/products with defined requirements.
- Defines security product specifications and intrusion/data loss techniques.
- Analyzes network security design.
- Designs, integrates and configures controls.
- Monitors network and host-based security alerting systems and event logs.
- Performs initial event/loss assessment and validation.
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace.
- Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organization s strategic plan and bottom line.
- Discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
- Leads business partners to effective solutions.
- Possesses ability and willingness to learn from experience, and then applies that learning to perform successfully under new situations.
- Demonstrates broad organizational awareness by accurately perceiving organizational, political, and social dynamics and trends.
- The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team.
- Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
- Works within a framework of accountability under general or broad direction depending on level. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. Plans and coordinates development activities and/or the transfer of knowledge.
- Performs a range of complex technical and/or professional activities. Investigates, defines, and resolves complex issues using a methodical approach to issue definition and resolution. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements.
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Ability to identify susceptibility, survivability, and vulnerability (S/V) of the systems, subsystems and delivery mechanisms, based on the knowledge of characteristics and capabilities of threats (e.g. protocol exploits, identity spoofing, malware injection techniques, application layer vulnerabilities).
- Knowledge of emerging computing and information technology areas to manage advanced research computing technology proposals, projects and resources.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, processes, tools and methodologies to assure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information systems. Understands current industry standard common body of knowledge (CBK) and common criteria methodology (CCM).
- The ability to quickly and accurately process multiple types of technical and security information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Simultaneously performs multiple tasks and activities accurately and quickly; divides attention over multiple IT tasks, activities and sources of information. Coordinates tasks and activities to increase efficiency and reduce duplication of effort.
- Knowledge of network communication concepts, principles and architectures, associated with network planning, design, integration and maintenance. End-to-end knowledge of network transport technologies, systems, environments, services, protocols, performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis.
- Knowledge of system security domains (e.g., information assurance, anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software assurance, communications security, encryption and key management, network security, reverse engineering, countermeasures, certification and accreditation, special security endorsement) and industry and government guidance and regulations [e.g., Common Criteria, DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP), National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP), Director Central Intelligence Directive DCID 6/3] which engineers apply to produce secure systems.
- Clearly conveys technical information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Capability of identity management in RES1 or similar product for management of all role based and access control systems.
- CyberArk administration and configuration experience for all privileged account management
- Administration of access rights management and a thorough understanding of application of role based security in all aspects of system access.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.).
- 4 to 6 years related experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.