Job Id : 26598
Location : Herndon, VA
Company Name : QData
Job Type : Contract
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50 - $55 per hour
No. of Positions : 1
Required Skills : Cybersecurity Engineer
Benefits : No benefits are available
Job Description :
- The ideal candidate will possess strong technical information and security background. He / She will work within a fast-paced, Agile program environment collaborating with cybersecurity architects and technology teams across IBM CISO and business units to implement next-generation security solutions. The ideal candidate will also research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform a technical evaluation, and support deployment of global security solutions.
- This cybersecurity engineer role includes all aspects of the squad mission but primarily focuses on ensuring that the architecture and deployment of our security services meet business needs, security requirements, and provide appropriate integration capabilities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience
- working in a fast-paced, Agile project environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, IT security architecture and engineering.
- Analyze requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and develops them into a finished working deliverable
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Engage in information security projects that deliver new security capabilities as well as evaluate existing security services to improve or increase adoption.
- Strong interpersonal communicating skills
- Supports the configuration and administration of cybersecurity tools and systems
- Research information security trends, standards, and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
- Strong understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Encryption standards
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with PKI and a strong understanding of encryption concepts
- 5+ years of experience in implementing and deploying security solutions at the enterprise level
- 5+ years of experience with IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, and security
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying security solutions on cloud infrastructure/services
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, or security technology logging
- Knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Ability to analyze security data to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Experience working both individually and collaboratively on a security engineering team
- Hands-On Experience designing and implementing PKI and/or Encryption services
- Strong understanding of cloud and key management services including BYOK.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience using scripting for automating tasks (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Certifications: SANS GIAC (e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), Security +, CISSP