Data Analyst / Data Warehouse Tester
Job Id : 7610
Jobtitle : Data Analyst / Data Warehouse Tester
Location : Ashburn, VA
Company Name : Asta CRS Inc.
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $23 - $26 HOUR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-11-21
Required Skills : Microsoft Visio, User Interface Design, Innovation, Translation, Deployment, Statistics, Data Mart, Data Mining, Data Warehousing
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Vision Insurance
A data warehouse analyst collects, analyzes, mines and helps the business leverage the information stored in data warehouses. Also, research and recommend technology solutions related to data storage, reporting, importing and other business concerns. Define the user interfaces for managing the interaction between data warehouses and data marts. A data warehouse analyst is also expected to collaborate with business intelligence analysts and developers to translate data requirements into logical data models.
- Develop plans to gather all business requirements for enterprise.
- Design and execute an innovative reporting system for processes.
- Monitor efficient transition of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Monitor that the business requirements are correctly translated into technical specifications.
- Coordinate with various work groups and design improvements to various enterprise management plans and prepare reports for same.
- Analyze system requirements and gather all business information for same.
- Prepare all training and administration documents.
- Assist departments to prepare data mining processes and develop designs for metadata.
- Monitor compatibility of all data delivery tools and warehouse and ensure effective resolution for same.
- Evaluate all training programs for end users and provide support for same.
- Design and implement various reports and prepare dashboards.
- Administer backup recovery processes for all RDBMS.
- Install all RDBMS and perform upgrades.
- Provide technical support in database implementation and deployment.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to processes.
- Participate in various project meetings and prepare applications for database.
- Understand complete SDLC.
- Understand the test cases / scenarios, design and develop simple scripts using specialized testing tool(s).
- Strong expertise in SQL and understanding transformations and converting them to SQL/PLSQL queries for data validation
- Execute test cases as planned for the assigned modules with special focus on key modules using knowledge of test execution process for both functional and non-functional type of testing.
- Exposure to Database testing using relational databases.
- Analyze test results and logs defects in defect tracking tools.
- Partner with project team members on the resolution and re-testing of identified defects and issues.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent with 1 to 2 years’ experience
- Excellent research, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Strong business/client engagement skills
- Experience developing business requirements
- Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentations
- High level of competence with MS Office and MS Visio
- The successful candidate would have high level communication skills and be able to produce documentation to a high standard. You should display a high attention to detail and be able to establish effective working relationships with clients and business representatives.