Job Id : 14802
Jobtitle : Data Analyst
Location : Fort Knox, KY
Company Name : LEIDOS
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $82,000 - $93,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-07-07
Required Skills : Salesforce, Communication Skills, DBA, Word, Excel, Project And Visio
Benefits : No benefits are available
The Data Analyst's position will create actionable, high-impact plans that improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of AIESS PMO enterprise systems, applications and IT services. The Data Analyst is responsible for the design, enablement, enhancement, integration, management of the data architecture and ensuring the integration of data throughout the AIESS PMO technical enterprise. The core responsibility will be supporting the Chief Architect along with customer liaisons and the Business Analysist on gathering the data and information requirements for designing IT Services. The Data Analyst (DA) must work closely with the business so that the data architecture is aligned with and capable of supporting the business strategy. As IT solutions are being developed, the Data Architect/Analyst is responsible for the oversight and realization of associated data reports and data analysis products.
- Gather customer information and data needs in alignment with business IT requirements. Designing data models, analytical structures and data architecture products. Solely responsible for ensuring information integration at the system, application and process integration layers.
- Maintaining AIESS PMO data architecture artifacts, models and related documents, via close coordination with the Chief Engineer/Architect, Business Analyst and Service Area Leads (SAL).
- Define data governance strategy to support Information and Data Architecture objectives.
- Design and implement data structures that are efficient, scalable, uphold data integrity and quality, easily maintained.
- Support customer needs for the creation of data reports, presentation and business intelligence.
- Define, design, and oversee implementation of standards and best practices involved in modeling, describing data entities and relationships.
- Plan for and design the integration of existing data sets to enable the centralized discovery and universal availability of data between applications and systems.
- Create diagrams and other visuals to depict the movement and storage of data in the architecture.
- Stay abreast of existing emerging regulatory developments and requirements for data and information in the medical research industry.
- Evaluate and prioritize data and information system requirements in coordination with the business process owners.
- Maintain architectural artifacts such as:
- Mapping data sources
- System interfaces and data movement
- Data storage (structures and tables)
- Business function relation
- Support the Chief Architect/Engineer with updates to the System Engineering Management Plan, IT Service Portfolio and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Templates to facilitate process improvements and incorporate lessons learned.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Update the Product Baseline.
- Manage the Data Architecture and related Service Portfolio.
- Lead and/or participate on data centric projects
- Work closely with the Service Owners/Product Leads, Front End and Back End Integrators/Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions
- Work collaboratively with Service Owners/Service Area Leads to facilitate the preparation of features and functionality documentation and updates to configuration documentation in support of product releases
- Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve incidents
- Contribute to projects from beginning to end with goals of increased efficiency, transparency, integration and quality.
- Provide input to the weekly development and sustainment team meeting.
- Attend weekly functional area team and ad hoc meetings.
- Attend Engineering Review Board meetings and provide input regarding requirements/specifications, release planning, and schedules.
- Attend Configuration Control Board meetings to provide input regarding requirements and releases.
- Peer review and QA various AIESS PMO document artifacts.
- Prepares meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentations as needed for briefings to the Government Project Manager (PM).
- Participate as needed in the execution of test scripts for AIESS PMO products.
- Masters Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience relevant related to IT services and support is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must in order to interface with multiple teams on business and information management processes.
- 5 years' experience in the IT field w/ideal candidate having worked as a DBA
- Must be able to successfully complete a NACI background investigation.
- Salesforce experience
- U.S. citizenship.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training, and also be a strong team player when called upon.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Visio).
- An eye for detail and demonstrate the ability to absorb and clearly document complex problems.
- Have an aptitude for continued learning.
- Physical capabilities: work may involve long periods of sitting and or standing.
- Previous experience working with DoD or military is preferred