Data Center Technician
Vadata, Inc. – Sterling, VA
- 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience.
- 1+ years of Computer Networking experience.
- 1+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience.
All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations.
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed.
We are looking for Data Center Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team. This position involves in-depth hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair as well as participating in an on-call rotation.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, participate in site-level project work, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity
- 2+ years computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills experience.
- 2+ years of Data Center experience.
- 1+ of Perl, Python, Bash or other scripting languages experience.
- 2+ years experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
- An Associates Degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation