Job Id : 4309
Jobtitle : Data Engineer
Location : San Francisco, California
Company Name : LGBT
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $80,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-08-21
Required Skills : Data Engineers,Big Data Engine Technologies ,technologies
Benefits : No benefits are available
Who are we?
- Our platform processes giant event streams of all kinds, identifying patterns, trends and opportunities to intervene and improve processes, aided by machine learning . Our vision will change the way people engage across multiple industries, be it retail, finance, or healthcare .
What we are looking for:
- We are seeking data engineers to help develop our flagship product. We share your passion for using data to solve complex problems. You understand that legacy code is the work you did yesterday. You'll work in small, self-sufficient teams with a common goal: deliver excellent software anchored in an agile culture of quality, delivery, and innovation.
- Architect and develop a framework to automate ingestion and integration of structured data from a wide variety of enterprise data sources
- Architect and develop data pipeline components and integrate them with the Formation Platform
- Scale pipelines to meet performance requirements
- Provide leadership to senior and junior Data Engineers
- Architect and design data quality monitoring and automated data cleaning
- Responsible for technical direction of the team
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience with building scalable and reliable data pipelines using Big Data engine technologies like Spark, AWS EMR, Redshift, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with scalable data integration technologies like ETL or Data Virtualization
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud
- SaaS Experience
- Significant experience writing the functional side of Scala
- San Francisco, in northern California, is well known for being a tech haven. However, as one of the most visited cities in the world, it’s also a center of cultural and there’s a strong counter culture sensibility that’s always been an essential part of the city. San Francisco has one of the most prominent LGBT communities in the world, and is one of the most important in the history of LGBT rights and activism.
The economy of San Francisco is influenced by household tech companies such as Salesforce.com, Reddit, Dropbox, Airbnb, Yelp, Uber, Lyft, etc. The third quarter of 2017, saw $4.177 billion in funding for companies in San Francisco and the North Bay Area. An hour south of the city is “Silicon Valley” which homes Apple, Facebook, Google and Palantir.
Known for its year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars and colorful Victorian houses. It’s also the home of the famous Alcatraz Island, site of the notorious former prisoner Al Capone.
Did you know...
- The average salary for a Software Engineer in San Francisco is $134,000
- San Francisco has 3% unemployment rate