Job Id : 63
Jobtitle : Data Engineer
Location : Seattle, Washington
Company Name : Amazon
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $45,000 - $75,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime,contractor
Posted on: 2019-05-29
Required Skills : Query Performance Tuning Skills Using Unix Profiling Tools And SQL ·
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,None Of These
As a Data Engineer II on Amazon.com’s Business Data Technologies team, you will develop new data engineering patterns that leverage a new cloud architecture, and will extend or migrate our existing data pipelines to this architecture as needed. You will also be assisting with integrating the Redshift platform as our primary processing platform to create the curated Amazon.com data model for the enterprise to leverage. You will be part of a team building the next generation data warehouse platform and to drive the adoption of new technologies and new practices in existing implementations. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the complex ETL pipelines in data warehouse platform and other BI solutions to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com.
· Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and developing new datasets in data warehouse
· Optimizing the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues
· Tuning query performance
· Identifying the data quality issues to address them immediately to provide great user experience
· Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
· Modelling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
· Working with customers to fulfill their data requirement using DW tables & maintain metadata for all DW Tables.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4+ years industry experience
· 2+ years Data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· 2+ years Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
· Experience implementing machine learning algorithms (NN, RF, etc.)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
QData San Jose, CA
Responsibilities: All extract, transform and load (ETL)
iTvorks Inc California City, CA
Required Skills: Data engineer main skills:
iTvorks Inc San Francisco, CA
Role: Sr. Data Engineer (8+ years) Location: SFO, CA Duration: Long Term
Inherent Technologies Chandler AZ/ Concord CA
Data model development and Model scoring Work with Data Scientists and build
iTvorks Inc Multiple Locations
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.