Data Engineering Junior / Entry Level For STEM
Job ID : 27458
Location : San Diego, CA
Company Name : PCS Global Tech
Job Type : Full-Time, Training
Industry : Computer/Software
Salary : $60,000 - $70,000 per year
No. of Positions : 10+
Required Skills : Microsoft SQL Server
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance
Job Description :
- Looking for Entry Level Developers with fresh graduate degrees and STEM backgrounds who want to jump-start their career in the tech industry.
- The Talent Development Program (TDP) is a trainee-to-hire experience offered through the PCS Global Tech. The Developer will start their role with a 12-week intensive training program from Microsoft Certified trainers with 40+ years of combined personal experience in the industry.
- The Talent Development program provides advanced access to the latest Data Engineering tools and practices as well as real-time case studies. The training team will support you during this process and will help build your confidence and skills for the market. Training could include webinars relating to soft skills training or a workshop on communication skills, we also have many e-learning and face-to-face training opportunities that will be available to you. You will benefit from having a trainer, a Line Manager, and a Coach alongside your first-class training and development, including the opportunity to train for professional qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Act as the support and team member for a small development group.
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of databases and application processes.
- Design, develop and maintain database, BI and data visualization applications per business needs.
- Identify issues and improvements to existing SQL processes for optimal efficiency.
- Automation of common database and application tasks.
Qualifications and Requirement
Here are some of the technical skills that we believe make candidates a great fit for each of the TDP workstreams:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field is required.
- Entry-level experience in Data Modeling and databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS Access, etc.
- Should be able to write basic SQL queries using DDL, DML and DQL statements.
- Entry-level experience with Data Warehousing and ETL is highly desirable.
- Exposure to any programming language such as C, C++, C#, VB, Python, R, etc. is highly desirable.
- Must have decent logical and analytical skills.
- Must have decent technical presentation & and delivery skills.
- Must have the strong work ethic and proactive learner.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Paid training followed by Full-Time Employment.
- Health Care Coverage
- Competitive salary.
- Assistance with placement on in-demand projects with industry leaders.
- Relocation assistance.
- Access to our qualified, highly knowledgeable instructors and rich employer network.
- Valuable opportunity to get hands-on experience with the latest technologies in the industry.