The Data Architect s role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise activities related to the static and in-flight data of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining data quality, overseeing the development of data components and overseeing performance testing and tuning of the data components. The successful candidate must also exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and have experience interacting with internal technical and business partners as well as external partners. Experience with on-shore and off-shore contractors is a big plus.
- Acts as a general internal consultant on integration and data architecture initiatives
- Collaborates with leadership on development of data strategies and standardization
- Gather / Analyze / Document and translate application requirements to data modelling.
- Able to derive conversion and migration methods for existing data, and develop strategy for automated conversion and migration methods.
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting integration and data solutions, considering functionality, data, security, infrastructure and performance.
- Responsible for contributing to direction on data architecture
- Responsible for completing architecture and design deliverables with quality and efficiency
- Supports standardization of documentation and the adoption of standards and practices
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and research related to application integration and IT trends
- Works closely with managers, architects, project managers and business partner leaders to define and develop or implement major software applications
- Provides advanced level application technical support to resolve problems
- Works with vendors to solve software/hardware design and data performance issues.
- Prioritizes, investigates and troubleshoots problems and questions pertaining to system applications, hardware, interfaces and data integration as appropriate.
- Solves the problem and/or helps determine correct measures to be taken toward the solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Documents status of issues on a timely basis.
- 5+ years formal data architecture design and implementation experience required
- 5+ years proven data or integration architecture experience
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of solution/services to senior teams from client/prospect
- 5+ years of experience in database technologies, data design and performance optimization
- Skilled in data profiling, business domain modeling, logical data modeling, physical relational data modeling and design
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies. Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally s world-class IT organization supports an information technology driven business. We deliver industry-leading IT solutions to the Best Online Bank (Money Magazine, 2011 and 2012) and the leading Auto Finance Company. IT oversees critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise.
Ally s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.