The kind of person were looking for:
A talented, experienced and innovative data scientist. Someone with a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common and where giving and receiving of feedback, debate, and constructive criticism are actively encouraged.
Our company has an open, relaxed, and friendly environment where jokes and silliness are common, yet were serious about the work we do. We fully expect the same from you. Our organizational structure is pretty flat so youll be given a fair amount of latitude with, and responsibility for, your own time.
The kind of stuff youll be doing:
- Working with the product team and leadership in the inception phase to determine the most impactful uses of our data for our customers
- Using internal and external data and Machine Learning/modeling/predictive analytics to design and implement innovative features for our core product
- Working with the engineering team through the development cycle
- Ensuring initial and ongoing quality of models
- Be a thought leader for the company particularly as it relates to driving innovation with data
The kind of experience youll need:
- 3+ years of experience working on innovative data modeling using modeling/ML/predictive analytics
- Ability to understand business needs and apply Data Science, Machine Learning, and predictive analytics to meet those needs.
- Strong critical thinking skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas at varying levels of detail to different stakeholders
- Experience with programming languages (python, R, SQL others such as Scala and Java are a plus)
- Experience with enterprise level projects and building models for a production environment
- Comfortable working in an agile environment as part of an engineering team
- Intense intellectual curiosity strong desire to always be learning
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Experience with distributed computing tools Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience with AWS web services s3, EMR, Sagemaker, etc.