Company Overview Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed PTMScan, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, P hosphoSitePlus, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications, and XMT technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine. Position Summary We are seeking a Data Scientist who is passionate about innovation, collaboration and using data to drive strategy. The Data Scientist will be a member of the Bioinformatics and Data Science team who will apply advanced analytics, statistical, and machine learning methods to CST internal and external data sets. This individual will play a key role in CSTs data-driven focus on providing actionable analytics and insight to key business questions related to CST products, customers, and business strategy. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business partners to understand needs and goals, identify data sets, and perform machine learning and statistical analysis
- Prepare and integrate data sets related to internal and external data for analytic efforts and deliverables. Data sets will include biological targets, product development processes, external market data, customer, and sales and marketing activity.
- Apply machine learning for ongoing and actionable business use
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to business audiences to enable action towards business strategy
- Contribute to a cross-functional Data Science and Business Intelligence Analytics Team, responsible for establishing performance measures and analytics for CST
- Facilitate the creation of KPIs and define standards on measurement and reporting with executives and business leads..
- Bachelor s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum 2 years professional work experience demonstrating proficiency in the following areas:
- Working with large data sets
- Data preparation and integration
- Writing SQL queries
- Building complex data analyses using languages such as Python or a related scripting language
- Leveraging machine learning models
- Experience in tools such as R, Python, or equivalent
- Master s degree preferred
- Minimum 2+ years professional work experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Scientist re related capacity
- Demonstrate work experience creating and utilizing relational databases, graph databases, and big data platforms/technologies
- Passionate about machine learning algorithms and statistical methods
- Understanding of and interest in biomedical research and medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team of data engineers, data visualization and reporting specialists, and business analysts
- Strong communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate machine learning and statistical insights to a business audience.
- Experience working with enterprise reporting systems and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI or similar)
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.