This position will serve as the Database Administrator within the Information Technology group and is responsible for the administration and ongoing support of numerous database systems. This position will work closely with development and other IT teams in providing support across the organization.
- Installation, programming and support of SQL Server databases (2008 through current) and Oracle database systems throughout the enterprise
- Proactively perform system maintenance to include monitoring, updates, system log analysis, identifying system issues and maximizing uptime.
- Ongoing SQL and Oracle administration to include assigning privileges, users and roles
- Creation of queries, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Implement and maintain documentation, DB security policies, standards and best practices as to ensure data integrity
- Perform ongoing performance analysis, tuning & improvements of SQL Server database and Oracle based application systems as applicable
- Establish, maintain and test DB backup procedures, backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, high availability and clusters where applicable.
- Assist in development, implementation, design schemas, architect new systems of MS SQL and other DB technologies across the IT Digital Platform and production systems
- Assist other IT staff as required in performing data migrations from various systems
- Assist other IT staff where applicable in the support of multiple DB systems to include ERP, ECM, PLM, production systems, etc.
- Assisting the development team in coordination of deploying new database code to production databases
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 3-5 years SQL Server administration supporting a production environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related area
- MCDBA, MCSA, OCA, OCP and or OCM certification a plus
- Database programming and design skills, primarily with MS SQL. Ability to write queries, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, design new schemas, architect new systems, etc
- Application development skills primarily in C#, MVC, Web API, Source Control, .NET platform and IIS. Opportunity is also available to use other languages and other platforms including Java and Python
- Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Experience with backup and restores
- Experience encryption and security techniques
- Ability to write complex T-SQL scripts
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) experience
- Oracle/SQL Server database design and administration
- Solid communication and proven success working closely with other DBAs, developers and other IT departments
- Experience in a production environment
- Highly motivated to solve problems efficiently
- Complex troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively between different activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions. Due to the high number of applications received, please allow time for our recruiting team to review your qualifications. Please do not call or come to the business in person to inquire about the status of your application.
Global Solar Energy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL Server Administration: 3 years (Required)
- C#, MVC, Web API, Source Control, .NET platform, and/or ISS: 1 year (Preferred)
- * MCDBA, MCSA, OCA, OCP and/or OCM (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)