Job Id : 522
Jobtitle : Database Administrator (Oracle)
Location : Herndon, VA
Company Name : Unisys Corporation
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $50,000 - $80,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-01
Required Skills : Management, Information Technology
Benefits : No benefits are available
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Oracle Database Administrator
to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The candidate will work as a member of TASPD Oracle DBA team focused on Oracle RDBMS database administration (DBA). The candidate will design, install, implement, manage, and maintain Oracle databases supporting enterprise modernization initiatives.
• 24/7 Production support for mission critical systems
• Install, configure, implement, and administrator Oracle RDBMS RAC instances
• Conduct database capacity planning
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases.
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify and document data model and application requirements
• Collaborate and work with other platform/teams such Unix/Linux, Amazon Cloud Migration for resource allocation, integration, and service consumption
• Production DBA experience with ability to work with Development teams on DB architecture and design
• Experience administering Oracle 12c RAC Exadata/ZDLRA.
• Oracle Golden Gate
• Strong proficiency in Oracle RDBMS database management in Linux
• Strong command of structured query languages (Oracle SQL, ANSI-SQL)
• Strong command administering database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Experience with Oracle Data Guard replication
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex technical problems
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiarity with other databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
Additional Good to have skills:
• Experience or knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
• Previous programming experience (plsql, shell, java)
• Experience with web services and integration development
• Some experience with data-centric cloud services (Azure or AWS)
• Experience with single-sign-on (SSO) connections
• BS and 10 years relevant experience or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years of experience as Oracle DBA
Clearance – Must pass CBP background check
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
LOCATION: Herndon, VA
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
quest global Sunnyvale, CA
Job Description : Skills and Responsibilities: Very good communication skill ...
Global Touchpoints Inc. Los Alamos , NM
Job Description: We are looking for an Oracle Server Database Administrator for a long-term ...
Global Touchpoints Inc. Salem, OR
Job Description: The Successful consultant would have prior three years of experience working ...
Global Touchpoints Inc. Salem, OR
Required Skills: Microsoft .NET / C# developer with a minimum of three years of development ...
Ecloud Labs Columbus, OH
Minimum Qualifications: Microsoft Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) design and ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.