DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR / PROGRESS PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
Administer the Progress databases on the Linux environments and Progress programming.
Reports to the Information Systems Administrator
1. Monitor, troubleshoot and performance tune the Progress architecture of all databases on Linux.
2. Install and test programs to include the setup and maintenance of test environments. Document the issues and fix and coordinate the signoff from the effected department to include working closely with users to properly define, report, and resolve bug issues with any of the above mentioned software. (Change Control)
3. Controlling access permissions and privileges.
4. Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
5. Lead IT responsibilities for all upgrades, patches (service packs) for all Linux installed applications and Progress OpenEdge.
6. Perform Progress programming and script writing when required.
7. Data Warehouse refresh and administration. (ADU, Archive & Delete Utility)
8. Perform high level database analysis to aid in problem solving and to ensure database integrity and stability.
9. Verification of daily backups and the integrity testing of those backups.
10. Contribute in the development, documentation, maintenance and testing of a formal disaster recovery plan for Morrison Products as it pertains to the business systems operating under Linux.
11. Second tier (escalated) helpdesk support for all issues concerning Progress based applications.
12. Represent Information Technology at meetings in support of internal business teams when necessary.
Occasional extended or overnight travel to manufacturing plants or customer sites when required. Some local travel is required.
Employee has access to confidential production, payroll and personnel information as well as access to corporate financial data.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of Database Administration (MFG/PRO is preferred) and 5+ years programming experience using Progress (OpenEdge v10 or higher preferred) Experience in managing large scale IT projects.
Morrison Products Inc. - Cleveland, OH
The Cleveland Tile & Cabinet Co. - Rocky River, OH
Ferris Steak House - Rocky River, OH
Exela Enterprise Solutions - Cleveland, OH
Conlan Tire LLC - Cleveland, OH