Deliver/Return Country Manager | Arlington, VA | req48556
- Receive commercial documents from supplier via PSM country inbox, procurement specialist or Task order Coordinator.
- Review commercial documents for accuracy as an additional validation after the procurement specialist and/or Task Order Coordinator: correct consignee, correct items and quantities, correct additional reference information as required per destination country, verify shelf life or check with Field Office team for approval.
- Provide guidance to support staff on bookings to ensure accuracy and completeness of bookings.
- Transmits the booking to the correct 3PL and sends an email to the 3PL with the booking PDF, full set of commercial documents, any special instructions as needed regarding delivery location, urgency, ADD considerations, temperature requirements and/or any other necessary information to achieve on time delivery and product integrity.
- Monitors 3PL performance and proactively follows up with 3PLs to ensure timely execution of duty waiver initiation, QA release prior to pick up, pick up, departure, arrival, clearance and delivery in order to achieve on time delivery.
- Escalates any delays or at risk shipments with Deliver Return management.
- Ensures that FCRs (Forwarders Cargo Receipts) and PODs (Proof of Delivery) are timely uploaded to LMIS.
- Escalate waiver delays with Field Offices, recipients for non Field Office countries or secondly, with Deliver Return Management as needed.
- Complete NCRs (Non Conformance Reports); to contain a summary of the exception to the MLSA/KPI standards and the relevant LMIS number(s) impacted.
- Monitors Task Order Two (TO2) Malaria orders and 3PLs to ensure that orders are not picked up prior to QA release.
- Completes reports with basic excel skills as needed for current or forecast orders by country as needed. Provides logistics planning support to PSM as needed.
- Monitor accuracy of status messages sent via EDI from 3PLS.
- Keep LMIS updated accurately on status of shipments with notes in the system as needed to account for any delays or escalations.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
State formal education, degrees, certification and licenses that are only required.
- Bachelors Degree, preferrably in Logistics / Supply Chain / International Business
Skills and Experience
Identify the positions requirements. State the essential skills, knowledge and experience required to qualify for the position.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in International Supply Chain and/or freight forwarding Operations.
- Mandatory prior experience with international customs clearance, international air freight, international ocean freight and across border trucking.
- Strong preference for 1-2 years prior experience with Humanitarian Logistics in Africa.
- Demonstrate, based on prior work experience, a clear understanding of Supply chain concepts including Order Management, Vendor Management and Transportation Management.
- Strong customer service focus; willingness to work under tight deadlines and respond to urgent same-day client requests.
- Proven analytical skills based on prior work experience.
- A minimum of entry level Excel knowledge.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the worlds leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.