Directs and coordinates the activities related to taking the monthly or periodic demand plan from marketing and developing and implementing the correlating inventory stocking strategy. This includes using on-system ERP forecast uploads and off-system calculations to support the overall company regarding on-time delivery goals, minimizing shortages, and reducing inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, formats and uploads customer forecasts into ERP system.
- Assists sales and other buyers with corrective action as to why shortages have occurred.
- Supports senior management with procurement related metrics and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Prepares Procurement related reports for management as required in support of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Targets-To-Improve (TTIs).
- Works with accounting on slow-moving analysis and recommends actions and activities to minimize slow moving accumulation. Follows up on action items assigned through factory.
- Monitors, analyzes and modifies ERP configuration strategies to optimize balance of inventory and customer service levels.
- Assists planning in analyzing customer trends resulting from demand plan to develop a long-range capacity plan.
- Effectively contributes to any program changes to ERP system.
- Supports and/or drives Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP or SIOP) as well as supports Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Supply Chain Operating Systems (SCOS) initiatives and activities per guidance from plant management and corporate Supply Chain.
- Maintains records and systems consistent with a professional approach to purchasing activities.
- Participates in process improvement activities including Kaizen, Lean/Six Sigma activities, or other special projects as assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
*Other duties may be assigned*
Must be able to work in a factory environment to include walking in the factory floor, walking up/down stairs and other related activities in addition working in an administrative environment, to include computer and presentation skills.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTSE
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Minimal, but may be up to 15% if required.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred). APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first 3 modules of APICS certification program (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) is desired. Cable and electronic component purchasing experience desired.
- Strong materials management skills including Planning and Scheduling (one to two years is preferred), Inventory Control, Transactional Management, General Forecasting including Forecast processes, techniques, and/or software experience as well as Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees. Portrays a positive and professional image. Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to job-related situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP (preferred) or other ERP systems, as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
- Computer skills - General MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are mandatory; advanced skills in MS Office including MS-Access are beneficial.