KidKraft – Dallas, TX
As KidKraft continues to expand our business globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest to help drive business decisions. To this end, we are looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Demand Planner. This individual will help manage the demand forecasting processes to support the S&OP process. In addition, they will work collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Supply Chain and within Finance to achieve high forecast accuracy across customer channels.
- Drive all of the standard demand planning activities, including forecasting and statistical analyses, analyzing retailer or NPD data, managing product life cycles.
- Use your analytical skills to create and improve forecast accuracy and volatility
- Facilitate a collaborative consensus-based approach with Sales, Product Management and Finance teams
- Maintain and create SKU forecasts
- Communicate assumptions, drivers, risks and opportunities with overseas supply chain team
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and develop in a learning organization that focuses on improving the future
- Create and share demand planning reports with key stakeholders
- Other responsibilities as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience in demand planning, forecasting, or other related field
- Get things done attitude; self-motivated, with the ability to roll-up sleeves and prioritize
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Position requires ability to apply critical thinking to dissimilar problems and deliver fact supported analysis. The applicant shall have the capability to utilize various data points, including shipment patterns, Point of Sale (POS) data, pricing, etc. Will need to continuously strive to improve the ways we operate
- Process Management: Able to create, manage and improve existing processes
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, including sales, marketing and manufacturing.
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and executives. Role will require leading cross functional meetings and being able to explain numbers and persuade commercial, finance, marketing and operations leads into prudent courses of action.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience implementing new demand planning tools and processes (preferred)
- Other responsibilities as needed
KidKraft, Inc. is a global leader in the toy industry committed to inspiring children to develop their creativity and imagination through its portfolio of indoor toys, play sets and furniture, in addition to its Big Backyard and Cedar Summit outdoor play sets and play houses. For nearly fifty years since 1968, the brand has had an unwavering focus on the design and delivery of high-quality products, serving all channels of distribution as a result of the companys world-class supply chain. KidKraft believes every child has a limitless capacity to create and explore. The products and exceptional customer service allow KidKraft to offer new adventures in play to children throughout the world. For additional information, visit www.KidKraft.com.