The Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center (BSFHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that serves all of the primary health care needs of families in the heart of North and Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to provide the most professional, courteous and highest quality health care, with dignity, to those we serve, especially the undeserved population, without regard for ability to pay. In addition to operating the Health Centers, we operate in School-Based Health Centers to increase the accessibility and availability of quality primary and preventive physical and mental health care to pre-school, elementary, middle and secondary school students in high-risk areas of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
We are seeking a Dental Assistant to join our team. The Dental Assistant facilitate the smooth flow of patients to ensure minimum waiting time and provide clinical services and process patients within the scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor patient arrival and assist with patient flow and ensure that patients and visitors are greeted promptly and courteously.
- Escort patient to exam room, monitor patient wait times, assist patient in preparing for exam and advises physician when patient is ready. Assist during examination if required or requested.
- Obtain and record patient s chief complaints and information, data and record histories
- Perform, prep and assist as needed with clinical screenings and technical
- Taking digital radiographs and CBCT scans
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Documentation
- Assisting in various procedures, including surgical procedures
- Setting up and breaking down operatory
- Sterilizing and processing instruments
- Providing general support for the dental team.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- Two (2) years relevant work experience preferred.
Other Related Skills/Experience and requirements:
- Must be flexible with scheduling
- Maintain HIPPA patient/employee confidentiality
- Knowledge of EMR systems a must
- Bilingual ability a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills must demonstrate professionalism, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, team members, families and significant others
- Display courtesy, tact and patience with all members of the team members and extended community
- Ensure that all patients and visitors receive personalized prompt attention and are treated with receptiveness, dignity and respect
- Provide instructions to the patient upon discharge as per instructed by the providers
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Profit Sharing Plan, Medical, ****93(k), and Long-Term Disability, Transportation Plan, Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BSFHC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER