The position supervises functions of the Dental Clinic at the Dale Mabry campus. The position: (1) is responsible for coordination and maintenance of all aspects of the dental clinic, in collaboration with the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting personnel, (2) assists the dentist during procedures, (3) plans the repair, preventative maintenance, scheduling, and consulting services to ensure safe, effective performance of equipment and associated system, and (4) assures that the standards necessary for accreditation and approval of the clinic are maintained.
Knowledge of Dentrix and Dexis Software.
Supplemental Job Information
Responsible for coordination and maintenance of all aspects of the dental clinic. Plans the repair, preventative maintenance, scheduling, and consulting services to ensure safe, effective performance of equipment and associated systems. Prepares and maintains dentists and clinic rotation schedules.
- Supervises operation of Dental Clinic front office, including scheduling and confirming patients. Supervises student assistant.
- Places requisitions. Orders supplies, materials and equipment, and reconciles invoices. Keeps current inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Collects payments. Bills and posts client fees. Prepares and issues charge receipts. Makes timely and intact deposits of payments received. Maintains records of accounts, utilizing all available aspects of dental software. Provides monthly revenue and deposit reports to the Dean and Bursar.
- Maintains clinical records, including those necessary for program and clinic accreditation. Maintains records of laboratory, equipment, and computer usage and maintenance. Maintains patient records in compliance with HIPAA. Coordinates OSHA yearly update and maintain OSHA records. Maintains bloodborne pathogen, quality assurance, and training records. Maintains and updates clinic manual and standard operating procedures manual. Prepares data analysis reports for department chairs.
- Supervises/conducts and coordinates with the IT Department on various aspects of computer equipment maintenance and repair. Ensures computer software is updated and maintains computer hardware and service agreements.
- Assists dentist during procedures.
- Trains Dental Hygiene students in front office activities and software. Assists students with clinic related issues.
- Produces reports for the Division of Health Sciences, the College, and the appropriate State and Federal Departments.
- Collaborates with dental programs personnel in revisions/updates of clinic operations.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Coordinates bio-hazard collection and disposal.
Additional Documents Required
Campus Dale Mabry
Location ****93 - Dale Mabry Campus
Pay Basis Annually
Job Open Date ****93/****93/****93
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Responsible Hiring Manager Leif Penrose, Debra Heysek
Job Category Professional/Managerial
Job Type Full-Time Regular