This is a non-bargaining unit position.Responsibilities
This is not a (drug) testing designated position (TDP).
This position is located in the Small Business Administration, Office of Field Operations - Region VIII, North Dakota District Office in Fargo, ND. The Deputy District Director serves as the full assistant to the District Director and shares in and assists the District Director in all phases of the district s operating programs.
- Provide effective leadership, management and oversight required to optimize the deployment of SBA programs and services throughout the District to achieve the negotiated goals and to better serve the Small Business community.
- Lead the development, implementation and achievement of an annual viable District Office Strategic Plan (DOSP).
- Support the building and maintenance of a viable network of collaborative partnerships with small business stakeholders.
- Manage internal, strategic deployment of District Office staff.
- Use effective oral and written communication in the marketing and outreach to Small Business community to successfully achieve the goals of the DOSP.
50% or less - Occasional night and weekend travel will be required.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0340 Program Management
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
Qualifications GS-14: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector: developing and communicating the strategy and direction of a team; and leading or supervising the day-to-day operations of a team which must include business development, marketing and outreach; and one of the following: financial, lending, procurement, economic development or human resource matters; and experience must demonstrate leading individuals for achieving team goals and objectives. These qualifications must be clearly referenced in your resume.
- You must be a US Citizen.
- You must successfully complete a background investigation.
- You may be required to serve on a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM s Qualifications web site.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement. Education
Education may not be substituted for experience for this position.Additional information
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant s successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.How You Will Be Evaluated
CTAP/ICTAP APPLICANTS: If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA s Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM s Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP.Those new to the federal government will typically be hired at the lowest rate of the salary range for the grade selected.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. For additional information visit www.sss.gov .
Consistent with work requirements and current SBA Policy, and all applicable provisions of the collective bargaining agreement with AFGE the SBA offers employees opportunities to perform work at an alternative location (e.g. home).
Telework may be available. For information on Telework visit: http://www.telework.gov/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement if additional vacancies occur within 180 days of the date the certificates were issued.
OTHER EVALUATIONS : The Small Business Administration is committed to building a high-performing, 21st century workforce that possesses the following core attributes: cultural astuteness, technological proficiency, articulate, strong writing capabilities, superior conflict resolution skills, and exceptional presentation skills. Candidates should be prepared as they may be further evaluated on these attributes throughout the application and selection process.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants meeting basic eligibility requirements will be further evaluated based on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10523867 . You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Competencies required to do the work of this position:
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Awareness
- Strategic Thinking
Your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant s responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant s responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant s responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category. Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)Trust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
1. Your Resume - must contain the following information :
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
- Name, address, telephone number, email address;
- Supervisor s contact information, if available (indicate if you would prefer to be notified before your supervisor is contacted);
- Job Title (if Federal Service, provide series and grade; if not in GS plan, provide GS equivalent grade);
- If qualifying based on related unpaid (e.g. volunteer service) experience, you must provide hours worked per week and beginning/ending dates (mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy);
- If other than full time you must provide hours worked per week.
- An integral part of our selection process includes the completion of reference checks. Please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and/or former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
- PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE . If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates (mm/dd/yyyy - mm/dd/yyyy) of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
- Should you submit multiple resumes, only the latest uploaded resume will be reviewed .
3. In addition to the online application (resume and responses to the occupational questionnaire), you are required to submit the following forms, if applicable. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all documents are legible.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
- If you are using education as a substitution for experience (the announcement will state whether this is allowed), or if there is an educational requirement for this position, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (unofficial or official) that clearly describes your qualifying education. If selected, official transcripts will be required;
- If you are claiming Veteran status, you must submit a copy of all required documents to support your claim (to include member 4 copy of your DD-214 showing character of service)-see VetGuide ;
- Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD-214 (showing the character of service) or other proof of service to receive consideration for veterans preference. For more information on Veterans Preference, please visit FedsHireVets.gov .
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.