We are looking for a Design Engineer II to join our Pleasanton, CA office!
At Sunbelt Controls, we strive to lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost, which help our customers be more efficient and competitive in today s world. We translate emerging technologies into value for our customers by creating smarter, more efficient buildings through our professional solutions, services and critical systems integration. At Sunbelt Controls, we strive to lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost, which help our customers be more efficient and competitive in today s world. We translate emerging technologies into value for our customers by creating smarter, more efficient buildings through our professional solutions, services and critical systems integration.
The position requires the individual to apply their technical knowledge and any prior experience for the production of controls project design, material selection, and development of a sequence of operation for lower to mid-level projects. In addition, this position will be responsible for the production of closeout documents at the completion of each project. A proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems and engineering design tools (e.g. AutoCAD, VISIO, EDS) is required. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project. The ability to convey information effectively to others in a fast paced environment is a must. Some travel and job site visits may be required.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Performs as a lead Design Engineer in the production of controls systems design drawings, the sequence of operations and submittals for lower to mid-level control systems.
- Researches and selects control system peripherals.
- Reads and interprets construction drawings and project specifications and ensures that the control systems design complies with the specs.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team to identify additional options for the customer (e.g. Energy Efficiency, Equipment Interface, Value Engineering).
- Performs modification of previously produced controls designs to reflect field changes made during the implementation process (As-Builts)
- Generates Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a project.
- Manages time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager or higher level Design Engineer.
- Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
- Recommends design modifications in a timely and effective manner to resolve potential field issues.
- Communicates effectively to submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
- Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individuals time sheet.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
- Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
- Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans.
- Participates in the ongoing development program with other entry-level engineers.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO JOIN THIS ALL STAR TEAM?
- Associates degree in a technical field or 2-5 years of related work experience in building automation systems. Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrates a strong mechanical aptitude and thorough understanding of controls systems.
- Possesses knowledge of the ALC product line and requirements as well as other vendor products, systems, and protocols.
- Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD, VISIO. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by Sunbelt leadership.
- Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Must possess a valid California drivers license.
- Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you ll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up Sunbelt.
- INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we ll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from Sunbelt to you, free of cost.
- Company Culture of Excellence Here at Sunbelt, we are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development
- United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! Sunbelt has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
- Competitive medical, dental, 401k
Do you have what it takes? Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once youve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, youll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT SUNBELT
Why join Sunbelt? Sunbelt Controls is a leader in building automation. Our objective is to improve occupant comfort (such as yourself), create efficient operation of building systems, and create reduction in energy consumption and operating cost. An energy efficient building saves money and is environmentally friendly. Without us, the building is just an empty box. We bring it to life.
Here at Sunbelt Controls, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our recent customers: Boeing, UCSF Hospital, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 30 years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Sunbelt Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.