alfred williams and company – Raleigh, NC
The position of Construction Designer is vital to the success of our business as design speed and accuracy are key differentiators for DIRTTs construction method. In their role, Designers work closely with our construction account managers and project managers and are engaged in all aspects of the project delivery cycle, including business development presentations as well as project execution through construction drawings.
Teamwork and General Responsibilities
- Participate in team and construction meetings and report on project delivery status, scope challenges, delays, and upcoming and missed deadlines
- Establish and maintain relationships to AWC Construction Services vendors in manufactured (pre-fab) interior construction solutions (e.g. DIRTT application specialists, custom finish vendors, etc.);
- Understands the full breadth of AWC Construction Services product offerings as well as building codes, OSHA regulations, and ADA requirements;
Early project Phases (design & sales)
- Work closely with architects and designers as well as owners to understand their intentions, needs, and requirements. In some cases, assist architects and designers as well as owners in developing the project;
- Read and interpret construction drawings (test-fits, schematic design, design development, and construction drawing stages) and translate the architects vision into our manufactured (pre-fab) interior solutions;
- Work with construction account managers and project managers to help quote construction project delivery and establish project scopes for client communications;
- Participate in client presentations and meetings to present project scope and design;
- Advise, where applicable, clients and A&D partners in design process and design options;
- Utilize DIRTTs ICE software to create high-quality visuals and 3D Renderings, Fly-throughs, shop drawings, and other design related construction drawings;
- Create construction drawings, utilizing general and specific architectural drawing software (AutoCAD, Revit, DIRTTs ICE software);
Project Execution and Delivery
- Manage the order entry process, including purchase order generations, freight quotes, and various order checklists;
- Work closely with third party vendors (e.g. hardware) to ensure seamless integration of multiple solutions into one project, where applicable;
- Work closely with Project Managers to deliver custom solutions to the field, including deficiencies, re-ordering of product, and design changes through change orders.
A Bachelors degree in architecture, interior design, or similar work-related field;
- Must be able to navigate and fully utilize common design software (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit)
- Highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple high-complexity projects simultaneously;
- Experience working in a diverse team;
- Strong work ethic and client focus.