About The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security:
The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is the states lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including: network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and, modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Role: The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking to hire an Deskside Support Specialist to join our IT Desktop Support team. The Deskside Support Specialist ensures IT issues are addressed, resolved, escalated, communicated and tracked while focusing on customer service and end user satisfaction. This position will also assist in managing LAN operations, software and hardware installations, inventory control, and second level training. This position will require limited travel to various sites as needed or requested. The primary work location for this role will be at 200 Arlington Street Chelsea, Massachusetts 02150. The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday, 7am-3pm. *Schedules are subject to change based on the operational needs of the business. This role is expected to perform after hours support as authorized and required.
All offers of employment into this position are conditional and subject to passing: a Massachusetts Criminal Background Check (CORI); a security clearance (fingerprinting) consistent with IRS and/or public safety requirements; and security training.
- Maintain inventories of all EOTSS IT assets
- Implement EOTSS IT enterprise images for PCs (Desktop/Laptop)
- Install operating systems and software; patch systems and protect against viruses/malware
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot devices; utilize IT tools for remote management of desktops and laptops, track inventory, push patches and upgrades
Technical & Desktop Support:
- Provide user friendly, on-hand support to the users in multiple locations
- Inform customers on the status of their requests and ensure customer satisfaction
- Handle tickets effectively within timeframes outlined in service level objectives
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations
- Assist with:
- Local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and integrity of the network
- Local backup and restore process
- Site specific projects as related to network infrastructure & server support
- Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices and other tech devices such as iPads and tablets
- Perform system analysis and troubleshooting functions as they relate to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Install and maintain communication connections between workstations, printers, etc.
- Assist in server installation/maintenance and act as liaison between vendors and third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals such as switches, routers, modems, hubs etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to improve overall customer service and support
- Perform timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact
- Complete all activities within EOTSS security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
- After hours support as authorized and required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system and call queue.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Desktop Operating Systems & PC hardware configuration skills.
- Experience with Active Directory account creation, password resets, distribution groups and other AD functions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (including O365, EMS, and Azure).
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- Understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Experience facilitating new user setups including but not limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, PC setup, network account creation, etc.
- Experience deploying/imaging desktops and laptops and performing hardware diagnostics.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong service orientation and time management skills.
- Valid drivers license and ability to lift up to 35lbs.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Sr Programmer/Analyst, Pdpp Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Chelsea-200 Arlington Street Job: Information Systems and Technology Agency: Exec Office of Technology Services and Security Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Posting: Jun 6, 2019, 2:03:45 PM Number of Openings: 1 Salary: 62,472.54 - 95,826.12 Yearly If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Emily Hartmann - 617-660-8300 Bargaining Unit: 06-NAGE - Professional Admin. Confidential: No