Job ID : 27173
Location : Raleigh, NC
Company Name : JSM Consulting
Job Type : Contract
Industry : Computer/Software
Salary : $28 - $30 per hour
No. of Positions : 1
Required Skills : Networking, Desktop Support, Desktop Admin
Benefits : No benefits are available
Job Description :
- The DIT Service Desk is the 24×7x365 single point of contact for customer submitted incidents and service requests.
- Service Desk Technician II’s provide consultation, elevated support, and/or advanced instruction to users of hardware, software, operating systems, telephony, unified communications, mainframe, identity management, networking, and other information technology-based systems located throughout the state agencies and universities, as well as for private citizens.
- The Service Desk Tech II provides advanced technical support via phone, email, and tickets, working under the general supervision of the Service Desk management team.
- Responsible for researching/analyzing issues/problems and soliciting relevant information from users to describe non-routine problems and resolving or escalating them to the next level.
- This position is critical in promoting a positive customer relationship and requires a high customer service orientation, strong interpersonal skills, and advanced troubleshooting skills to provide support to a diverse population. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
Required Experience: -
- Excellent customer service skills along with the ability to apply more advanced technical knowledge to independently work on routine and complex tasks and document details into an IT Service Management application, using ITIL methodology.
- Enhanced computer literacy is required.
- Understanding of call center environment and Service Desk role.
- Experience with ServiceNow is preferred.
- HDI Support Center Analyst, ITILv3 Foundation A+ certification highly preferred.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), including proficient typing, grammar, and spelling skills are required.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office suite, O365, desktop hardware/software, network connectivity, network printing, email, smartphones, and web-based applications.
- Ability to organize and follow more complex and/or detailed technical procedures.
- Capable of analyzing and resolving routine problems based on existing documentation, training, and resources.
- Working knowledge of technology principles and terminology associated with the work unit and the ability to integrate into identifying problems or solutions.
- Demonstrated sense of ownership, reliability, and urgency.
- Ability to establish proactive relationships with customers, including providing education to customers as appropriate. Able to convey ideas on non-routine subjects clearly.
- Proficient in translating technical issues into understandable terms for non-technical users.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree in computer information technology, computer technology Integration, networking technology, or related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution; and 2-4 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.