B3 Group, Inc, a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in health IT and PMO support for the federal government, is looking for an experienced Developer with strong Power BI experience to support an initiative within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Developer will be expected to design and develop reporting assets leveraging disparate data sources using Power BI in conjunction with other VA enterprise business analysis and visualization tools, such as Pyramid Analytics and Tableau. Example tasks include creating dashboard reports, working with developers, and creating business intelligence reports and visualizations. The current data sets are focused on Health data. Must have experience with cloud technologies (Azure/AWS). This position may allow telecommute.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gather business requirements from end-users and translate them into a meaningful product
- Design and implement a solution to create the required reports, which includes ad-hoc and standard reports, and also includes tabular reports in dashboards
- Define best practices for Power BI report development
- Generate dashboards with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields
- Utilize stored procedures and UDF functions (i.e., model library) for complex queries
- Assume an active role in quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for reporting solutions by providing unit/integration testing support, attending team meetings and preparing documentation
- Help end users navigate data sets and reporting to solve business problems
- Query and analyze data MS SQL and/or Oracle databases
- Develop scripts to load data from multiple sources into a data mart
- Develop and maintain automated reports and dashboards using Power BI, SQL Server, or SSRS
- Manage data loads, security, and integrity of a data mart
- Troubleshoot and fix data loads and other issues within a data mart
- Research and develop data and statistical models for analysis
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Collaborate with multiple teams and clients to understand and recommend activities related to analytics
- Develop ETL data flows between data sources as required to create data sets and perform analyses
- Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets for analysis. Identify and assess data attributes using statistical software packages to develop recommendations and analytical processes based on mission requirements
- Research, develop, implements, and utilize statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets, while working with a technical team
- Interpret and analyze data collected from a variety of sources using exploratory and statistical techniques, validating findings using an experimental and iterative approach
To be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years related experience in business intelligence and analytics performing increasingly complex development, data analysis, and report/dashboard development using Power BI and other business intelligence tools, such as Pyramid Analytics and/or Tableau
- At least 2 years programming experience
- Proficiency querying data sources, including Azure, Amazon S3, Amazon RedShift, and RDS
- Experience working with unstructured and structured data, including CSV, XML, SQL, Oracle
- Experience working with analytics tools and technologies, including Amazon Athena and Hadoop
- Proven ability to analyze data sets, identify patterns, and draw insights
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with client and team members, including experience documenting and presenting findings
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a geographically distributed team
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Current MS Power BI Certification
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Current Azure and/or AWS certifications
- 2-3 years Tableau and or Pyramid development experience and/or certifications
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customers business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client s mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the clients needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You can work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Annual Leave/Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contribution match
- Continuing education assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance Bonuses
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.