The Development Accountant will have the responsibility of working in a team based environment on the accounting and forecasting of all Winn owned development properties from the time of initial offer through the stages of acquisition, construction, cost certification and breakeven. This person will be a resource for project managers, property management, accounting, tax staff and the Finance group on all Winn owned development deals.
- Works closely with project directors to submit and process all development costs in a timely manner.
- Creates closing requisition packages, property acquisition journal entries, sources and uses of funds and executes the cash receipts and disbursements thereon.
- Process construction draws and capital contribution receipt requests, track costs for general ledger and cost certification and receipt of tax credits. Work closely with funding sources to track and receive requisition funds.
- Perform certain Property Accountant responsibilities during the occupied rehab development period. This includes: review of cash position and General Ledger balances; prepare journal entries; reconcile bank accounts; tie-out A/P and A/R, calculate and process monthly management fees and accounting fees; monitor security deposit liability to ensure it is fully funded; and post vacancy monthly.
- Review underlying deal documents and prepares and maintains the development general ledger and financial statements for each assigned property.
- Prepare and coordinate financial material in conjunction with recurring development meetings. This includes proactively requesting and fielding information from project directors and operations analysts and ensuring modifications identified in planning meetings are implemented.
- Oversee compliance with mortgage agreements and investor benchmarks for equity releases. This includes the preparation of debt service coverage calculations for review.
- Prior to property acquisition, participate and follow up on internal Go Live Set-up call accounting tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites including Word & Excel.
- Experience with Yardi and RealPage accounting software preferred but not required.
- Responsive team player with ability to prioritize among numerous pressing tasks.
- Strong understanding of text book accounting fundamentals.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to focus, achieve deadlines and work with a dynamic team of professionals.
- Pushing tasks through the completion process with proactive communication.
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Accounting preferred from an accredited university.
- 2+ years accounting experience, preferably within the real estate industry.
- Residential real estate and Low Income Housing Tax Credit experience preferred but not required.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offer opportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communities where they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.