Are you passionate about helping people solve technology problems ? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, and hardworking DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of skills that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a DevOps Engineer you will work across the teams in our North America footprint to provide and support IT streaming services and studio operations. In this role a premium is put on customer service and ultimately customer satisfaction by providing timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful candidate will excel in a fast paced team environment, and possess excellent communication skills while having a high degree of aptitude over a large scope of software, hardware, AWS hosting, and networking disciplines.
We re looking for an experienced, passionate DevOps Engineer to scale and maintain our growing media delivery pipeline. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, can operate effectively in a fast-paced startup environment, and have worked with companies at our scale and beyond.
WHAT YOU LL DO
- Own all aspects of Peloton s media delivery infrastructure and associated strategy
- Be responsible for all underlying technology and technology enabled workflows for studio operations
- Manage and support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, and CDN services
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies
- Proficient in setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within an organization. You ll offer support to users, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. You may, in some cases, also be involved in designing new networks.
- Proficient in developing, debugging, and optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
- Advanced experience with CDN technologies associated with HLS stream delivery (Akamai, CloudFront, etc).
- Advanced experience working with Elemental Live and VOD transcoders
- Experience with workflows and underlying technologies associated with broadcast studio operations, content origination, post processing, etc.
- Experience with Linux server administration and best practices
- Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting high traffic environments
- Experience collaborating with Web/Software Development teams
- Experience with software release management (GIT) and agile/scrum methodologies
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB), caching (memcache, varnish), deployment systems (chef, puppet)
- Experience with build & configuration management tools (Chef, Terraform, Puppet)
- Solid familiarity with building and maintaining continuous deployment environments
- Solid Linux shell scripting chops
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC s Disruptor 50, Crain s New York Business Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME s Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.